Chapter twelve

Chapter Twelve

I lay on my bed holding a open book staring at the page. I've been trying to read, but couldn't concrete on a book. 

The principal had talked to me alone for awhile after she sent Ashley home, my mom had already told her about what happened. She said she was here for me, and she understood that I was going through a lot. 

I slammed the book shut and threw it across the room. Thinking bitterly no one understands... 

Mrs. Jones went nice on us and only suspended us for five days each instead of nine. She said since it's our first time (but there better not be another) so we won't get it bad.

My mom quietly entered my room, I didn't look her way but I saw her out of the corner of my eye. She sat down next to me on my bed.

"Do you need anything?" She asked me. Which to me was strange, she hadn't spoken to me at all now she was being nice. Where was the speech?

"No." I said simply. 

"Okay, sweetheart, if you need anything at all just ask." 

I couldn't believe I was getting mad at her for being so nice to me, but I was. Feeling sorry for me. "I just got suspended from school, and you don't care!"

She just looked at me. "I do care, life is not being friendly to you right now, so I didn't think you needed a lecture. 

I sighed, then without any warning, I broke into tears. I burried myself into my mother's arms.

"What do I do?" I cried.

"I don't know sweetheart, I just don't know."

I just sat there and cuddled with her, never wanting this moment to end.

Lilly ran into my room holding her teddy bear. "Mommy, daddy wants you." She told my mom.

My mom looked at me, and told me she'd be right back and left. Lilly saw the tears on my face, and climbed onto my lap.

I thought she was gonna ask what was wrong but instead she said. "Everything is gonna be okay Anna." 

Oh, how she sounded like everyone else. I hugged her as the tears fell.

She wiggled out of my hands and onto the floor, then scurried out of the room. A couple of minutes later she ran back holding something. 

"This is to remind you that I always love you." She told me handing me a small toy ring. One of the ones you get out of the quarter machines that only fit on little kid fingers. It was purple with little hearts inside, and I thought it was absolutely adorable. I slipped it on my pinkie finger, (the only one it would fit) then grabbed her and hugged her. 

"I love you Lilly." I told her.

She smiled just as my mom walked in. "Hey, girls I'm sorry to say but Lilly it's time for ballet."

Lilly wiggled away from me. "Ballet!" She screamed with a huge smile and ran from the room.

My mom looked over at me. "I'm going to be gone most of the day, will you be alright home alone?"

"Of course." I told her. I thought it was perfect having the whole house to myself, specially since I didn't wanna deal with anyone.

"Okay, I love you sweetheart." She told me as she began to leave.

But before she was out the door I said, "Hey, mom." She turned towards me. "I'm sorry... about everything."

"None of it is your fault." She told me then was gone.