Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

I hurried outside, looking around for Julia. Finally the day was over, I could go home now. I began to walk straight when a blonde blocked my way. 

I folded my arms against my chest. "Move out of my way." 

Ashley laughed. "Jealous much?"

"Jealous about what?" I asked even though I had an idea what it was.

"That I have the guy you want." She smiled her evil smile.

"He's just a friend. And that's all I ever want him to be." Another lie.

"Psh, yeah right." She laughed, then turned serious again. "You better stay away from him. Zach is mine!"

"I do not have to listen to you." I stepped closer to her. Maybe a little bit too close. "He's staying my friend, and you have nothing to do about it."

I knew if I stayed she was gonna throw some punches and I knew that could hurt the baby. Even though I didn't want to have this baby, I could let it get hurt.

I turned on my heels and walked away. I felt tears stinging my eyes, as I recalled what she had said to me. 

I saw Julia, but instead of going towards her, I turned the opposite way and hurried away from the school. As I began to cry I quickly texted my mom saying I was gonna be awhile till I came home.

I left the road and headed up a small, rocky hill. It was about medium size, and there were houses on top, but I wasn't going that far. I found a rock to sit on and collapsed on top of it.

Why did I have to have feelings towards Zach? When he felt nothing for me. Why did I have to get raped? Everyone thought I was fine after what had happened, but truthfully I wasn't. Everything that had happened that day haunted me. 

I grabbed my bag and threw it as far as I could, listening to it hit the ground. I heard something break inside, but I didn't care. 

As more tears came, I closed my eyes shut. I felt as if no one knew what I was going through. Yes, Julia was having a hard time but she didn't have to carry a living baby inside her for nine months. 

"Are you okay?" A deep husky voice said. I froze, surprised.

Slowly opening my eyes I saw a guy standing in front of me. He was around my age, he had blonde hair that stuck to his face almost covering his hazel eyes, he was quite muscular, and his voice sounded amazing.

All I could think was that he was very handsome.