Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One

                                                           Month: Six

     "Just ignore them." Zach told me in a warning voice. "They're not worth it." 

     "I know... But..." I said, looking around at the staring people. I was walking down the hallways, and it was obvious I was pregnant. I mean, my belly was already huge! 

     "I don't care what other people think, and you should either." He said taking my hand. "You are the only one I care about."

     I smiled, as we made our way to a table. I sat down, and it took all my strength not to take off my shoes and rub my aching feet. 

     "So, you really don't care what people don't say about you?" I asked him.

     "No, why should I?" He leaned closer. "I only care what you and I think." He moved forward, and touched his soft lips to mine. I kissed him back, getting lost in his arms. Before I knew it, we were pressed against each other. I felt the little 'thump thump' again my stomach, and Zach pulled back with a chuckle. He laid his hand against my belly, as my daughter kicked. "Little kicker, ain't you?"

     "I guess so." I laughed with him. I laid my hand over his, he looked up at me and smiled. 

     I heard a laughter, turning a little, I saw a group of kids walking by whispering and pointing at me. I felt a large knot form in my stomach, but I tried to do what Zach told me to. Ignore them... Ignore them..

     I felt another little kick, so I turned back to Zach. I saw him watching me with a small smile, I could see thin lines streaking his pale face. "Zach..."

     Just then the bell rang for class to start. Zach hopped up. "We better get to class, you don't want to be late." He said. I knew, he was avoiding me accusing him of something being wrong with him. I took a deep breathe.

     "Let's go." I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "You should go." Zach told me. We were sitting on my bed in my room.

     "But I don't want to!" I protested.

      "Why not?" He gave me his 'begging' look.

      "Uh, because it's prom!" I exclaimed. "And I'm pregnant! I do not want to go to prom pregnant!"

     There were posters all around the school about the 'big' prom on Saturday night, which was tomorrow. Zach really wanted to take me, but I just didn't want to go.

     "Why should that matter?" He asked. "You should have fun, and stop worrying what other's will think. You spend way too much time stressing about what your going to do about your daughter, and that's not healthy for her. She feels your stress, Anna. So, go to prom with me. It will be nice for you to have a fun night of no worrying."

     I sighed, because I knew he was right. I spent way too much time stressing, because the big day was going to come soon, and I had to decide whether I was going to keep my daughter or not. I was also so stressed out because we have the final tests coming up, since the school year was almost over.

     "Fine." I took a deep breathe. "I'll go."

     "Good." He smiled. "Then I better go get the tickets, before they sell out." He jumped up, and started towards the door. He made a heart with his hand, (his way of saying he loved me without actually saying it) and I made one back.

     Once he left, I hurried into my mom's bedroom. She was sitting on her bed with Jack, and Lilly. Lilly had a barbie doll in her hand and was giggling. I looked at Jack, and noticed he had a barbie doll in his hand too, and was making his speak in a very awkward girl voice.

     I smiled at them. I wasn't very close to Jack, but he was so good with Lilly, sometimes it made me jealous that I hadn't grown up to a father like that, but I got over it. Lilly deserved a good father more than I did.

     "Hey, Anna." My mom said.

     "Hi." I replied, sitting down on the edge of the bed, next to my mom. "Uh, mom. Can you take me to the store?"

     "For what?" She asked.

     "I need a dress. Zach is taking me to prom tomorrow." I shifted uncomfortably.

     "Isn't prom just for Juniors and seniors?" Jack asked, no longer using his "barbie voice."

     "Yeah, but Zach is a junior, and he's taking me." I replied. I was only in my second year of high school, a year behind Zach.

     "Sure..." My mom replied. "I can take you, but the store might not have many dresses left, this is last minute.."

      I nodded. "I know, I just need something decent to wear. "