Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Zachary and I talked all the time now. Every minute I was alone he would show up, I liked his company. The hospital though had to go, it bore me and I was so happy to find out I was finally about to go home! 

So I got all my stuff together, and sat on the edge of my bed alone waiting for the doctor to dismiss me. Through the time I've been here, they put a bunch of different kinds of tests on me. I didn't like tests, unless I knew the answers, but at the hospital I never knew the answers. 

Sighing with impatience I stared at my ankle which still had a big cast around it. The doctor had told me I'd have to wear it for about a month before I could finally take it off. 

Just as I sighed again my mother walked in. She looked tired, and upset. Once she got to me she sat down next to me. "Sweetheart.." She looked at me like she was going to say more but she didn't.

"What?" I asked her. "Am I going home yet?"

"In a couple of minutes." She grabbed my hand. "You know, everything is gonna be okay."

Confused I stared at her. Of course everything was going to be okay I had been telling Julia that all the time. I saw tears in her eyes. "Mom, I know that, don't worry."

She turned away for a moment then turned back, changing the subject. "Your father keeps calling me. He feels really bad about how he left you. He says he made a mistake and everyone makes mistakes."

I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. "I don't care... I'm fine without him in my life."

"Your going to need him someday. Jack isn't your real father, he is." Once again her words confused me. 

"You know what. I don't think I'll need him."

She turned away, I knew she wanted to tell me something but she was holding back. It's probably about my dad.... I thought, so I decided I didn't wanna know.

I looked at my mom and saw she was staring at the door, like she was waiting for someone. Oh duh! She's waiting for the doctor like I was.....

I heard someone come in, looking up I saw the doctor. He walked over to me and stood in front of me. I felt so small sitting down so I stood up. 

"Can I go home now?" I asked him before he could say anything.

"Yes, in a moment." He told me. "I have something to tell you." I looked at my mom and knew he had already told her.

"Okay, what is it?" 

He took in a deep breath like he didn't want to say it, but he did. "Anna Johnson, your pregnant..."