Chapter Twenty-Three

Month: Four

I couldn't believe how fast the months were going by. I wanted them to go slower, so I would have more time to think, but they weren't. 

Eric and I have been talking to each other, and we went on a couple more dates. They went way better then the first one, but he was still bothering me about trust, and secrets.

I let the hot water of the shower run down my back. It felt relaxing, I always could spend over an hour in the shower. I knew it was a waste of water, but it was my place to think and relax.

I rubbed my hand over my belly, it was beginning to get noticeable. I didn't want anyone to find out about the baby inside me, so my mom had taken me shopping for loose shirts. I wasn't sure how long they would work, but hopefully a while.

I finished rinsing my hair, and turned the water off. I couldn't take a long shower today, because I had my first ultra sound appointment in a bit. I'd been to the doctor already, to hear the heartbeat, but this was going to be different than just the heartbeat.

I dried off, wrapping my hair up with a towel, then putting on my favorite robe. I left my bathroom, and into my colorful room. 

I looked into my long door mirror, even with the thick robe on, you could tell I was pregnant. I closed my eyes, and just stood there. Then realizing how much time I had to get ready, I quickly got on some clothes. I put on some jeans, that made my legs look good, but the waist was stretchy, and a top that was very loose, yet very cute.

I threw my robe and towel into my laundry basket, and ran back into my bathroom. I began to brush through my wet hair, and tied it into a messy bun.

I looked at the time, I had to leave now or I'd be late, so I slipped on some shoes and ran downstairs. My mom was already waiting by the door with Lilly.

"Is she going?" I asked my mom as we headed outside.

"Yeah, Jack is at work, so there's no one to watch her." She replied, strapping Lilly into her car seat.

"I want to sit on Anna!" She said fighting my mom. I laughed at her, she knew she couldn't sit on my lap in the car, but didn't care.

"Lilly, you have to stay in your car seat." My mom told her calmly. Finally Lilly gave up the fight, knowing my mom was right.

After my mom and I got in, we left. We had to go a little over the speed limit, since it was almost time.

There was no conversation as we drove there, only Lilly talking to herself like she always did.

When we got there, it was time for my appointment, and my mom hated being late to things, so she quickly scooped up Lilly, and we practically ran inside. I grabbed Lilly from my mom, while she went to sign me in.

Sitting down Lilly in a chair, I sat down in the one next to her. After my mom signed me in, she sat down on the other side of Lilly.

It wasn't long before Lilly got bored. "Where's the toys?" She complained looking around.

"This is the waiting room for pregnant women, they have no toys." My mom told her gently.

"But... I want... toys!" She said, her voice getting louder. Why didn't my mom bring her something to do?

"Lilly, you need to be patient, waiting won't take long." My mom tried to pick her up, but she began to fight her again.

"I want toys" She screamed, as people began to stare.

"Come here Lilly." I said, taking the fighting girl from my mom. I laid her down onto my lap, holding her there so she couldn't fight me, I began to tickle her. She stopped fighting, and began squirming, and giggling.

After a couple minutes of that, I lifted up her shirt and started to blow on her belly. This kept her occupied.

A little more than a minute later, a doctor came out saying my name. My mom took Lilly from me, and the three of us followed her into the back.

We went into this small room with a bunch of computer equipment, and a table that you lie on. I sat down onto the table while the doctor listened to my heartbeat, then the baby's.

"Sounds good." She said, replacing the stethoscope around her neck. "You've been in for the regular check ups, right?" 

"Yeah, once a month." I replied.

"Okay, lets see the baby." She said. I lied back and pulled my shirt over my belly. Seeing my stomach without anything covering, you could definitely tell I was pregnant. 

 She started to rub this gel stuff on my belly, I bit my tongue so I wouldn't move, even though the gel was cold.

"Why is she rubbing that stuff on sissy's belly?" Lilly whispered to my mom.

"They are going to see in her stomach" My mom replied.

"I wanna see in my belly!" Lilly said excitingly.

"You can't, this is to see Anna's baby." My mom looked tired, as she tried to calm Lilly again.

Lilly was throwing a fit again, in my opinion she needed a long nap. 

"Do you want a toy?" My doctor asked her. Lilly stopped screaming so she could nod. 

The doctor went over to a box and pulled out a lollipop and a bouncy ball. She handed them to Lilly, and went back to rubbing the gel onto my belly.

"What do you say?" My mom asked Lilly.

"Thank you Miss Doctor lady." Lilly said, opening the lollipop.

She just laughed, and grabbed this little box thing. It looked kind of like a remote, but it didn't have all the buttons a remote does.

"I'm going to use this to see the baby." She said to me, she put the tip of the remote against my stomach and began to move it around.

I watched as she pressed it against my stomach, trying to find the right spot. All of a sudden she pointed at a computer screen, I looked at it, and saw a small shape of a baby.

"That's.... inside of me?" I asked slowly.

"Yeah it is." The doctor replied, then smiling she said "Now look, it's waving at it's mom."

I looked back at the screen, and there was a little hand waving. It was the most cutest thing I had ever seen

"Can you tell if it's a boy or girl yet?" I asked, curiosity running through me.

She moved the remote a little bit more. "No, not yet, but we most likely will be able to when you come back next month." 

I turned back to the baby form on the screen. My baby...