Chapter Three

Chapter Three

I awoke from an uneasy sleep. Looking over at Julia, I saw she was already awake. I could tell she knew I was up, but she wouldn't look at me. She blames herself for this... I thought.

"Julia..." I said my voice weak. I turned into a comfortable position, but the metal brace tugged at my ankle. "It's not your fault."

"Yes, it is!" She told me, but refused to look my way. "If I hadn't wanted to walk around then we wouldn't be here. This is all my fault, and you know it."

"I will not let you blame yourself." I told her. 

"How can you act like that?" She asked finally turning to look at me.

"Like how?"

"Like, nothing is wrong, like everything is okay or gonna be okay. Can't you realize it, we have no way out! You just got raped, and everything is still okay to you!" Her voice rose with anger. "Well, I hate to break it to you, but nothing is okay! We're most likely going to die!" 

"Julia, you think I'm not afraid? I am. You think I'm fine with what that man did to me? I'm not, every single part of my body is sore, because of him. I feel violated, I feel like the only way out of this is to die, but if I just broke down like that would we have any way out? No. I have to act like everything is fine, when it's not. I'm trying to protect you."

She turned her head away again. Tracing her finger against the dirty wall. "How long have we been here, do you know?" She asked.

"No, but I think maybe a day."

The door knob turned and the man walked in, running down the staircase, and straight up to me. "I am going to get something from upstairs and then I'm going to have some more fun with you." He told he me, running his fingers down my face. I fought back tears as he turned away. Then in the back pocket of his jeans I saw an outline of something. Then he hurried out the door.

Julia broke into sobs right when he was gone. "He's going to rape you again!" She cried. 

"No." I replied.

"No?" She asked as more tears fell.

"I have a plan, but your going to have to talk to him."

"Wait! I don't want to talk to him!"

I heard his footsteps coming back towards the basement. "You have to! Just get him to look at you, that's all I need. Please, Julia."

She looked down. "Okay. What are you going to do?"

"Get the key." I told her simply as he walked back in.