Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Here it goes. I thought as I was finishing getting ready for school. I had already taken a shower, got dressed, and eaten. So I quickly slipped on my shoes and looked in the mirror. I looked like complete crap. My hair was a tangley mess and I had huge bags under my eyes. 

I grabbed my brush and got out the tangles of my long hair. Then clipped in up into a updo style. Next I got some "eye bag removal" cream and put in under my eyes. It helped some. I still looked pretty bad, so I grabbed my stick of eyeliner and did and quick line around both of my eyes. Now I looked a lot better.

"Anna!" My mom called. "Hurry up or your gonna be late."

"I'm trying!" I screamed back. I wasn't in a good mood at all. I was trying to pretend I wasn't pregnant but it was impossible. I couldn't even believe I was in such a good mood yesterday.

I grabbed my things and sulked down the stairs and into the kitchen. My mom was cleaning up and Julia was waiting at the table. Her parents worked in the morning so my mom offered her a ride.

"Are you sure you want to go?" My mom asked me.

The truth was I didn't want to go. I felt like staying in my room forever. But I was making myself go, why? I didn't know. "Let's go." Was all I said.

I didn't say anything the whole ride to school (Which is like three blocks) and once we were there I jumped out and slammed the door. 

Julia said thanks then followed me.

I went over to a bench and sat down. I didn't want to be here. Why didn't I say I didn't want to go? I asked myself over and over again.

Julia joined me, and we just sat there silently as I stared at my feet.

"Look whose back!" A snotty voice said. I looked up to see Ashley and her gang with her. Ashley is the most popular girl in school, she acts like she owns it. We use to be best friends in elementary school but then she thought I was a loser, and ditched me. Then she began a bunch of rumors about me, that's when it became war.

Ashley has curly blonde hair. A very skinny body, and everything your normal popular girl would have. 

I just ignored her but Julia didn't. "We don't feel like your your remarks so can you leave us alone?"

Julia tried to get up but I pulled her back down. We were here first, I was not leaving. 

"Where were you guys? Jail?" She laughed and her gang joined her.

"Where we were is none of your business." Julia told her. 

She laughed. "It's that secretive?" She asked her like she was talking to a baby.

That set me off. I stood up and walked right up to her. "Ever talk to Julia like that again I'll mess you up."

For a moment she was surprised, but it was gone as fast as it had came.

"I'll talk to her however I want to." She told me.

She could mess with me all she wanted but if she was gonna mess with Julia she was gonna pay.

I took in a deep breath and swung my arm all the way around until it hit her hard in the nose. She got so mad, as she jumped at me. We fell to the ground my ankle brace dragging around on the dirt. 

I thought of everything that had happened to me. Why me? I thought as I threw my punches harder and harder. We rolled around, I noticed that she wasn't that good at fighting but she was getting me because my ankle was holding me down. I used all my strength and pressed myself against her, pinning her to the ground. I went to punch her some more, but someone grabbed me and yanked me away from Ashley.

I fought against the person my vision focused on Ashly. Then it was like I came to myself, the situation I was in, I still had all that anger built in my but I looked around. 

Mr Kelly was holding Ashley back. There was a huge crowd surrounding us, and the principal, Mrs. Jones came running up shooing away the crowd. All that was left was her, Mr. Kelly, Ashley, Ashley's gang, Julia, and I. And the person holding me. I wanted away from them so I started struggling again.

"Stop." A voice said. 

I froze. I knew that voice. It was a voice that made me more depressed because of what he saw and how happy I acted around him yesterday. Zachary.

"Come with me." Mrs. Jones said to Ashley and I. Mr. Kelly let go of Ashley right away, but it took a moment for Zack to let me go.

We both followed her into her office. 

Here it goes. I thought. My first time getting suspended...