Chapter 38

“Say Mama.” 

“Say Dada.” 

I glare at Colt then look back down at Haven. “Say Mama.” 

Colt throws his hand on my face and tries to turn me away. “Say Dada.” 

“Oh my you two! The more you annoy her the more she's not going to talk!” Aubrey exclaims from the kitchen. Haven starts babbling to herself in response. I grab Colt's hand and put it away from my face and pout at Haven, she stops playing with the rattle in her hand, and looks at me. 

“Nonna.” She babbles. I sigh and lay my head on the rug. She starts to rattle it again and laughs to herself but then stops quickly and looks back at me and starts to rattle it again. “Nonna.” She pauses. “Mama.” My eyes go wide and my mouth drops. 

“Fuck.” Colt grumbles beside me. Haven looks at Colt. 

“Babba.” 

Colt narrows his eyes at her. “Dada.” 

“Babba.” 

Colt picks her up and sits her on his legs. “Dada.” 

“Daba.” 

“Dada...Da-da.” 

“Dada!” She squeals then rattles the rattle in his face. “Dada!” She yells and smiles as her eyes follow the rattle. I compose myself and sit up, grabbing Haven from Colt, and putting her rattle down. 

“I love you, ah yes, I love you!” I gasp as I move my fingers up her chest then down and then up again. She gives me a toothless smile. 

“Mom! Come here! She can say Mama and Dada!” Colt exclaims and Aubrey comes running in, glaring at her son. 

“Can not, not even two minutes ago she couldn't say either..” She challenges. 

“Come here.” I say as I pat the floor next to me. Aubrey sits next to me. “Mama.” I slowly say. Haven's baby blue eyes go wide. 

“Mama.” 

Aubrey gasps. “Oh my.” 

Colt then takes Haven, he looks down at her. “Dada.” It takes a little while for Haven to answer but when she does, she squeals a “Dada!” 

“Well don't we have a prodigy!” Aubrey laughs. I smile at my daughter as she smacks her hands together. 

Haven is now 10 months old and man she's just growing. She's still smaller then the average 10 month year old but it hasn't stopped Haven from being a normal 10 month old baby. She can now sit up by herself, lift her head up, roll from side to side, grasp toys, speak some words, she mumbles a lot of none human words, almost hold her own bottle, and can nearly hold herself up while she walks.