Chapter 27

My heartbeat sped up and my head pounded. 

Colt killed his brother and he lied to me about it? Colt told me it was Cage...Colt told me Connor survived the gun shot...He lied to me! 

Colt killed his brother. Colt told me a white lie to cover up the truth. Colt was a murderer, a murderer who would kill his own brother. 

So many emotions were running through my mind and I couldn't grasp one to feel. I sat here, numb and confused. Colt told me Cage shot Connor...Colt told me Connor survived the gun shot...Colt told me it was Cage behind the gun...

Does this mean Colt's involved in whatever Cage and Heath want? What was Colt hiding from Cage and Heath the other night? What did they want that Colt had? Then who the hell is Lydia? Does she have something to do with this? Is she involved in this little game? Is this even a game? 

Should I go to the police? I mean Colt's out of jail! He's a murderer...He would not be out of jail...Oh my God did he escape? Maybe Cage and Heath are the good guys here and trying to get Colt to go back to jail? 

What if Colt is the bad and powerful guy? 

“Kathy, can I stay home?” I whine when I enter the kitchen where she was setting breakfast for Nathan and I. 

“Do you not feel good?” She wonders. “Is it the pregnancy? I heard you throwing up this morning, you still have morning sickness?” 

It was true, I still had morning sickness. Nearly 7 months of this crap. “Yeah.” I mumble when I take a seat next to Nathan. 

“I guess. Nathan while dad and I are at work can you watch over Infinity? If she still throws up through out the day give me a call?” Kathy bosses. Nathan takes a bite out of his waffles and nods. “Thanks, now I am off to work, Infinity, you need to eat.” She eyes me. “Now your Dad should be home early tonight, maybe around 5 or 6, I'll be home late tonight.” Nathan and I nod. “Bye guys, love you! And oh can one of you two shut the stove off?” I nod and then Kathy's out the door. 

“Sick, huh? More like wanting to avoid Colt.” Nathan says. 

I crease my eyebrows and cut my waffles. “What do you mean?” 

“Oh please, I can read you like a book, you and Colt obviously got in a fight and you want to avoid him. Why do you like going for the assholes?” 

I roll my eyes and playfully shove Nathan's shoulder. “Shut up.” Nathan grins to himself. “So what do you usually do during the day?”

“Well, my nurse comes here at 8, then 12, and 9 at night, so in that mean time I usually get my school work done as Kathy is making me take online classes.” 

“Sounds boring.” 

Nathan shrugs. “Its whatever.” He then opens his mouth and closes it again.