Chapter 17

“Nate!” Alida yells as she runs to Nate. Nate opens his arms and the two hug each other.

The funny thing is I didn't meet Alida until the 7th grade, by Nate. Nate and Alida have been friends since the 3rd grade. Nate introduced me to Alida. Nate is very close to Alida and Alida is very close to Nate. But after the incident with Nate, Alida back away a little. She wasn't good with death as she saw her grandma die in front of her eyes. What happened to Nate in the 9th grade traumatized Alida and that's when Alida and I became closer then ever. Now you can't take Alida and I away from each other. 

“How long are you staying?!” Alida exclaims once they settle on sitting down on the couch. 

“After New Years.” he replies. I walk into the kitchen to let them catch up on everything. I open up the fridge and grab the pickle jar. 

“Classic pregnancy food.” Kathy laughs, I shrug. 

“Pickles are good.” I state as I pick up a big one. 

“Hear anything from Colt yet?” Kathy questions when she grabs a pot out of the cabinet. 

I shake my head and the sadness hits yet again. “I think him walking away was his way of saying we're done.” I mumble as I grab another pickle. 

Kathy gives me a stern look. “Oh stop, you already met his parents I doubt he's going to walk away that easily. And you introduced Colt to Nate, you two obviously like each other more then you're setting it out to be.” I just pout, shrug and of course, grab another pickle. 

“I just miss him!” I cry out. “It hurts.” Kathy gives me a hug and soothingly rubs my back as I cry. 

You could call me a baby or you could blame this all on the hormones but I blame it on love. It hurts to know Colt walked out on me like that. Its hurts that the only person who made me happy when I was down isn't here anymore. It hurts that the one person I've fallen so hard for, isn't there anymore. I knew it was going to hurt when I told Colt but I didn't know it was going to hurt this bad. Honestly I just want Colt right now. 

“Listen Infinity, Colt is going to come back, okay? Maybe not right now, but right now you have this little one.” Kathy declares as she puts her hand on my stomach. I sniffle and nod. “How about I make some brownies?” She wonder. 

I chuckle and smile through the tears. “I think this little one would enjoy that, huh?” I say as I make circles on my stomach. 

“What are you hoping for?” Kathy asks as she grabs brownie stuff out of the cabinets and I sit down in a chair. 

“I don't know...I kind of want a little girl but yet I want a cute little chubby baby boy.” 

“I say it's a girl.” 

I raise an eyebrow. “You think?”

Kathy nods. “Definitely.” 

“It may be a boy.” I hum.