Chapter 14

A sigh escapes my lips as I wait impatiently for Colt. I had been waiting at least 15 minutes in my truck in front of this gate, waiting for Colt to hurry his ass up. Colt had texted me telling me to just wait by the gate so he could just come in my truck and go instead of me knocking at his door. Today was Sunday and I planned to take Colt to see my brother, Nate. I know Nate would like Colt, so I just wanted them to meet each other. I, of course, haven't told Colt where we are going. My eyes snap to Colt who was opening the big gates, he slips through the hole he made, closes the gates, and hopes into my truck. 

“About time.” I tease. 

Colt chuckles. “Sorry about that. River wanted to say hi, but I know I was already late so I had to drag her back to her friends.” He explains. I nod then look over my shoulder, backing out of his driveway and to the road. 

“She's having a play date?” I question. 

“Yep, her friends are annoying and loud.” 

I roll my eyes. “She's 10, what do you expect?”

Colt chuckles. “True, so where are we going?” He questions. 

I quickly look over at him. “I want you to meet someone.” I say. 

“Someone who?” He asks. 

“My brother.” 

Colt tilts his head. “I thought you didn't have any siblings?” 

I gulp. “I lied, I know I shouldn't have but we weren't dating and I didn't want to explain where he is and stuff like that.” I rant. 

“And where is he?” 

“The Hospital.” 

“And you didn't want me knowing that he's at the hospital?” 

I pull into a spot at the hospital large parking area. “I didn't want you knowing he's on his death bed at the Hospital.” I add. I take my keys out and face Colt. He's quiet as he looks at me. “He tried killing himself.” I whisper. It was silent in my truck as Colt looks at me, trying to find some kind of emotion. I give him a kiss. “Come on.” I say as I unbuckle myself and step out. Colt is behind me as I walk into the hospital and to the million hallways. We finally reach the third floor and I smile at Nate's nurse, Wendy. 

“Infinity, he's awake. Just in time too. Tell him he touches his oxygen tank again I'll kick him.” Wendy jokes. 

I chuckle and open his door. “Will do!” I call out then leave the door open for Colt. 

“Infinity...did you...bring me...some candy?” I hear Nate ask. I pull the curtains away to reveal my twin brother laying on the hospital bed, oxygen mask on his face. Nate looks behind me with furrowed eyebrows. “Whose...your...friend?” Nate questions as he takes the oxygen mask on and off his face.