Chapter 32

“Close your eyes!” Alida begs. I glare at her, she glares right back. “Please!” I sigh but close my eyes. Alida grabs my limp arm and drags me into her house. 

It has been 3 weeks since everything happened with Colt and things have been settle. For now. I know Heath is probably after me since I never brought Colt to the place he asked me to but I could care less. They are not going to hurt Colt. 

But besides from that whole dilemma, I am now 8 months and a week pregnant. Thank the lord I only have one more month. Being pregnant is the worst and especially when you just want to meet your daughter but nope one more month left. Ever since Colt came home from the hospital we've been spending as much time together that we can. Meaning sleepovers. Sleepovers with Colt is honestly the best, especially when I wake up in his arms. 

“Okay, open them up.” Alida bosses. I sigh and let my hands drop from my eyes. 

“Surprise!” I smile when my family and friends pop out from nowhere, baby shower. There was food laying out on the counters, presents on a table, balloons everywhere, and people everywhere. There was Colt, Kathy, River, Alida's Mom, my cousins, my Grandma, my Mom's Mom, Aunts, Colt's Mom, and some other people that I really didn't recognize. 

I turn around and hug Alida. “Does this make me the godparent?” Alida teases and I laugh, along with everyone else.

“Thank you.” I whisper in her ear. She just hugs me back in response. We let go of each other and I walk over to Colt. “Were you apart of this?” I question with narrow eyes. Colt smirks and wraps an arm around my waist. 

“Well of course.” He winks at me and I just shake my head. 

I grin when Alida's Mom comes walking over. “Hi Sweetheart.” She greets as she takes me away from Colt and wraps me in a tight hug. 

I always loved Alida's mom. 

“Hi, Carrie.” 

Carrie smiles and releases me. “Colt we're stealing Infinity for awhile.” 

“By all means.” Colt replies. I chuckle and let Carrie drag me off. 

She brings me over to different groups of people, I chat with them, and then we move to other groups. It kept on going like this until I met up with my Grandma from my Mom's side. 

The one who I haven't talked to in three years. When my Mom passed, she blamed us, and told us to never talk to them again. So it surprised me when she came, including some of my cousins on my Mom's side. I always loved my Grandma, she was the most carefree and lovely person. 

“Grandma.” I whisper, she smiles at me and wraps her old and fragile hands around me. I start to cry. 

“Don't cry, baby. Look at you, growing up and everything. It feels like yesterday I was yelling at you to stop playing in the mud.” I laugh at the memories. It was never lady like to play and roll in mud as she told me.