15 Happiness

Colin and I shared a deep look before we parted, but he didn't kiss me again. It was alright. One kiss was absolutely enough to make me happy for the next time. He had brought me home. I didn't want to go inside but I had to. It was late. I smiled at him for the last time and then entered our flat.

I slowly closed the front door behind me. I tried to be quiet in case Amy was sleeping.

"And I thought I was late." Okay so she wasn't sleeping. She stood in the living room door.

"I didn't realize the time, actually." All the talking and then this amazing kiss that had shattered both of our worlds... Colin and I had completely forgotten that it was the middle of the week. I had to go to work in the morning and he had rehearsing. "You could have gone to bed." Amy had to work as well.

"I'm not home for that long. And I'm way too excited for sleeping anyway. I'm dying to hear about your date! And tell you about mine, of course."

"It's really late. Maybe we should have this conversation at another time."

"You don't mean that."

"No, not really." I took my jacket off and followed her into the living room. "So you start. How was the football game?"

She turned around in a circle and jumped onto the sofa. "Great, they won! Arsenal I mean."

"But that's not why you are so happy." I knew her. She never cared about football.

A huge smile appeared on her face. "Well, the reason might be that he kissed me."

"That's amazing! How was it?"

She moved her hands excitedly while she searched for words. Amy was searching for words? She couldn't really be herself. "Better than I could have ever imagined! Really June, it was so... so..." I gave a pillow to her as she obviously needed something in her hands to stop them from waving around. "It was at the end. Of the game, you know. When they won everyone jumped up and freaked out and this lovely person next to me bumped me so that I struggled directly into Bradleys arms. And then he just kissed me."

Her shower of words made me smile. "That's sounds great. I'm so happy for you." Everything was even more perfect now that I knew that her day had been as wonderful as mine.

"How was it with Colin?"

"Well..." I felt my cheeks blushing. Her eyes got huge.

"Oh my god! He kissed you as well!"

"He did." I couldn't hide it from her and I wouldn't try.

"Tell me!"

"I don't know what to say about it."

"June!" She threw the pillow at me, obviously being her old self again.

"Well, I watched the The Tempest, which was really amazing by the way. You should have seen how –"

"June! The kiss!" She was getting impatient. I had to answer before she would start screaming and waking up all the neighbours.

"Okay okay. So after the play we took a long walk and we talked and then he kissed me. It was very romantic." It had been much more than that. But all the things he had told me, the feelings in me – I couldn't tell her about all that. I would keep it in me forever.

She seemed to be okay with my short version. "I bet it was. Argh!" She jumped up and down and hugged me. Then something else came into her mind.

"Oh! You know what Bradley said? When I wanted to take my career to the next step he could help me to get a job at a film set. I mean not just boring haircuts but doing hair and make up for real actors! Wouldn't that be great?"