Chapter 50: Special 20K Update

Hey everybody! Long time, no see? As some of you may hopefully know, this is a special update! You can read more about it in the chapter before. It's not long, but it's something from me to say thank you for helping me get to 20K reads! It's hard to imagine actually. I remember freaking out when I hit my first thousand reads! Started from the bottom, now we here! Hope you like this. I thought it was a cute little come back. Again, thank you all so much! Leave some feedback? -Lauren

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Babe! Did you get Brendon?" I watched as Harry's eyes shot up from the computer. He nearly dropped the computer and raced out to the front of the house. I shook my head and pressed my hand to my forehead, all while laughing to myself.

When Harry opened the front door, he walked in while holdng Brendon a good two feet in front of him. Brendon was drenched in mud and was giggling like there was no tomorrow.

"Aww! Boo! Look at what a mess you are!" I adjusted Abri on my hip and walked over to the two of them. I placed a gentle kiss on Harry's cheek.

"Switch with me. I'll go wash him up. I know you're busy." Harry took Abri from me and I carried Brendon upstairs to the bathroom. Turning on the water, I filled up the tub and peeled the wet clothes from his body and tossed them into the trash. There was no way we could get the stains out of there.

"How did you get so dirty?" I asked as I tickled his belly. He squealed and jumped around. I lifted him into the warm water and started scrubbing away at his skin. "You are such a goof ball, buddy."

Once he was crisp and clean, I wrapped his little body into a towel and dried him off. His blonde curls were slowly turning brown. It was only something I'd noticed over the past year since Abri had joined our family. It actually made me really happy, since he started looking more like Harry, and less like Cole.

Cole's parents tried to stay in contact with me, which I avoided at all costs. I felt for their loss, but I had no desire to remain in relation with them. They had never helped me out before, and personally, I didn't think they had much right to see Brendon at all.

Brendon was already up and out of the room, racing down the hallway to do whatever it was that he felt like doing. I wiped off my hands and headed back downstairs. Harry had Abri sitting on his thigh as he worked at the computer. Pretty soon he was going to have to leave again on tour, and I'd be with the kiddos for a few months. It was easier having my mom here though, especailly since I worked now too.

I stood behind him and massaged his shoulders. He leaned his head back and I gave him an upsidedown kiss.

"Don't work too hard. You'll hurt yourself." He chuckled and stood up. I grabbed Abri from him and he pulled me into a kiss.

"I'm done working for today. We have a birthday party to get ready for anyways." His face beamed brightly, and I took his hand in mine.

My mom stopped by to help us set up. She took Abri while we cleaned a few things up. Harry and I spend some time in the kitchen trying to make a cake, but it didn't really want to work. I stirred the batter in the bowl, but Harry kept sticking his finger inside and licking it.

"Stop! There's not going to be anything left it you keep eating it!" I plopped a drop of batter on his nose and he leaned in to kiss my cheek, purposely rubbing it all over my face.

"You are terrible." I dropped the spoon into the bowl and turned around to embrace him.

"Can you believe it's been a year?" he asked me. I shook my head and leaned against the cabinets.

"Not at all. It feels like everything happened just yesterday." Brendon came rushing into the kitchen with one of his cars. He drove it around Harry's feet, nearly knocking him over.