Chapter 34

Almost cried as I wrote this chapter. LISTEN TO THE SONG ON THE SIDE WHILE YOU READ. It's perfect. Anyways, thanks again for reading! This was probably one of my favorite chapters to write. It's dedicated to my friend Uzma who got me into fan fiction! Everyone should go check out her story, it's really good! (Niall girls!) I hope you love this chapter and fall more in love with the characters like I have. Please VOTE, Comment, and Become a FAN! Thank you! -Lauren

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*Two weeks earlier*

"Come on Harry! It could be fun!"

"Eva! I'm going to be mauled!"

"Harry, not every girl in this country wants to maul you."

"Are you sure about that?" I smiled and leaned in to kiss him. The tailor finished getting his measurements and Harry stepped down from the small podium. 

"I can't believe you're going to make me go to your prom."

"I'm not going to make you do anything. I was just hoping you would come with me, and since you just ordered a tux, I assume that's a yes..."

"Of course," He wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me into a hug. He leaned his forehead against mine. "One condition."

"What?"

"I get to buy your dress. You can't even look at it."

"Harry! That's not fair! Picking the dress is the best part for a girl."

He turned around and crossed his arms. He peeked over his shoulder to see if I was going to give in.

"Take it or leave it."

I plopped into one of the available chairs. It had been two weeks since I'd seen Harry. I hadn't gone back on tour with the boys. We'd talked it out. I just didnt' feel right about going back right now, especially with Brendon's new pacemaker. 

"Will it at least be a pretty dress?"

"The prettiest one at the dance." He smiled and laced his fingers with mine as we walked out the back entrance to the store. 

*Present*

"Come on Shelby! We're going to be late!" I picked my three best friends up during lunch the Friday before prom. They had no desire to stay the rest of the day, but then again, neither did anyone else attending the following day.

Shelby jumped in quickly and we drove off. Beth still hadn't found a dress, so we made an appointment with a shop downstairs. They closed it down to everyone but us. There would be a woman there to help us out. We pulled up two minutes early and headed inside. The woman greeted us. She was very young, probably a college student at the Univesity of Texas. She pointed at me and dropped her jaw.

"I know you! You're Eva Rye! You worked at New York Fashion Week this year, right?"

"Yeah, that's me... I was just a photographer."

"Excuse me? Assistant to head photogrpaher! Your work is amazing!"

"Thank you." 

She brought us to the back and got Beth all measured. She disappeared to go find some different dresses.

"Have you gotten you dress yet, Eva?" Karmen asked.

I shook my head, "It was supposed to get here yesterday. I don't even know what it's going to look like or if it'll fit."

"I'm sure it will be prefect. It is from Harry."

The girl came back with probably ten different dresses. "These are all one-of-a-kind dresses that we just got in this morning. Nobody else would have these!" Beth took them behind the curtain, and was in there for a while. She finally stepped out wearing a floor length white dress with a deep v-cut in the front. It had a gold band around the waist.