Chapter 42

"And the mama bear said to the baby bear, 'I will love you forever and ever.' Then she kissed his paw and the baby bear fell fast asleep. The end."

I rocked back and forth in the chair with Brendon. He breathed steadily as he drifted off to sleep. I touched his soft cheek and looked at the small stars projected on the ceiling by a machine I'd gotten as a gift recently.

I laid him down in his crib before walking out of the room. The living room was a huge mess. Envelopes and cards scattered across the floor and table. Walking over, I plopped down on the couch and looked at the guest list. The wedding was in a month. It had been almost two months since Harry proposed to me in the first place. Shelby, Karmen, and Beth were already getting ready to start school.

After Harry went back to London, he found out that the boys were going to have to start recording a new holiday album in September. Because of this, we were now rushing our wedding date instead of pushing it off until next year.

Everything was pretty crazy right now. Harry wanted my dress custom made, so I was now waiting for the Valentino to finish making it so I could try it on. Our wedding was going to be in London, which caused a whole other mess. I now had to figure out all the arangements for my parents and friends. We have an amazing wedding planner though. She is one of the best ones ever. Period. Elizabeth Hallow of Hallow Wedding Planners. As soon as I finalized my side of the guest list and we decided on invitations, we could get those sent out, even though it felt totally last minute.

We weren't having a large wedding at all. I probably had fifteen people coming from me. Harry was the one who was left undecisive.

There was knocking coming from my front door, which was strange for the time of night. I opened the door to reveal my three best friends standing before me.

"Pack your bags, bee-atch! We're going on a trip!" Shelby shouted. She pulled up a bottle of champagne and popped the lid off, sending the foam of the drink everywhere.

"What are you talking about? What trip?"

Shelby took a swig from the bottle.

"We're having your bachelorette party now, since we won't have much of another chance before the wedding with school. We already talked to your mom, and she agreed to watch Brendon!" Beth chirped.

"Where are we going?"

"On a camping trip," Karmed smiled.

"Camping trip? As in the woods?"

"Yes!"

It was questionable. I had no idea what they were up to, but they did this for me, so I turned back into my apartment and headed to my room to gather my things. The girls all followed me inside. Shelby started yelling, obviously getting a bit tipsy.

"Shelbs! Shut up! Brendon is sleeping! Unless you want to rock him for an hour and try and get him to fall asleep again!"

"We would leave tomorrow morning, but we want to spend as much time there as possible."

"That's cool. Will the tent be cold?"

"Oh no. We're staying in a luxury cabin. You didn't think we were going to throw you a party in tent, did you? What kind of friends do you think we are?" Beth laughed.

"Alright then..."

"Bring the something sexy!" Shelby tried to whisper, but ended up shouting again.

I grabbed an old duffle bag and threw it on the bed. We were only going to be there for two days, and since we were in the woods, there wasn't much of a use in trying to look cute. I grabbed some shorts and a couple t-shirts and stuffed them into my bag, along with a bathing suit, underwear, shoes, and all the other necessities. I glanced at the clock. It was already after nine. I had no desire to get Brendon up again, but my mom would be the one having to put him back to sleep anyways.