Chapter 44

Wow! Finally got to update! I think it's a bit silly how emotional I was getting writing this chapter. It's come quite a long way and I couldn't be more pleased with how it's turned out! I have all of my readers to thank for that! I hope you all like it and enjoy the following chapters! Not to many more, but who knows! I keep coming up with new things. 

Don't forget to vote and become a fan if you enjoy this story! Leave me some love down in the comments! Thanks you all so very much! I write for you guys! -Lauren

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*One Week Before*

Okay. So I was officially freaking out. Shelby, Beth, Karmen, my mom, Sarah, and Katie were all sittting around me. The large white box was placed in front of me with a silk ribbon tied around to keep it shut, but it was mostly there for decoration.

"It's the moment of truth, guys." Everyone smiled and waited in anticipation for me to lift up the lid to reveal the dress that had been custom designed for my wedding by Valentino.

Very slowly, I undid the ribbon and set it to the side. My fingers gribbed the rim of the lid and lifted up quickly, getting it over with.

There was a gasp from around the room.

*Present*

Again I found myself standing in front of a mirror, reevaluating my life. I smoothed out the lace and adjusted the shoulders on my dress. The window was halfway open, letting in a cool breeze, and the vase of gardenias made the small room smell wonderful.

I placed myself in a large white chair. Was I already supposed to be out there? Who knew? I for sure didn't. Pulling a pin from my hair, my curls came cascading down my face. I pushed them away from my cheeks to reveal my face.

I was happy, but like every bride known ever, I was having last minute emotional breakdowns. How did I know Harry was really ready for this? We're both so young! I have a baby to take care of and he has his band. Who knows how long he'll be away on tour each year, or how many death threats I'd receive by Christmas.

Kicking off my shoes, I looked down at my toes in the mirror. Starting at the bottom, I slowly started looking up until I saw my mom standing in the doorway behind me.

"Mom? What are you doing back here?"

She walked over and stood behind me. She forced my head forward and I looked at her in the mirror. Her face was gentle and she smelled faintly of the perfume I recognized so well.

"I came back here because I knew you'd be freaking out, just like I was when I married your dad." Her fingers ran through my hair. "I thought you might need a bit of support."

"A bit?" We laughed and she pulled out her purse. Reaching inside, she pulled out a small blue box that had sat on her dresser for as long as I could remember.

"Your grandma gave this to me at my wedding before she passed away. She wore it, I wore it, and now I want you to wear it." She pulled out a blue pin that looked like leaves entangled into a branch.

"I remember that from your old wedding picture!"

She pulled back a strand of my hair and secured it with the pin. "Maybe you can pass it on to Brendon's wive someday at their wedding."

I turned to look up and smile at her. "Thanks, mom."

"I like the hair down too. Having it up was a little much for me." She gave me a tight hug. 

"I love you so much, honey. You don't know how proud I am of who you've become. You've been through so much but you just keep triumphing in the end." My mom was crying now and had to grab a tissue so her makeup wouldn't smear.