Chapter 24

"The plane will be landing in a few minutes. Please make sure that electronic devices are turned off and seat belts are fastened. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your flight."

Brendon was sitting in his car seat beside me. His eyes were closed as he took his afternoon nap. His chest rose and fell in beat with mine. With my index finger, I rubbed his soft cheek and smiled at him. This plane ride was different than any other time. This time I was alone.

It had been two weeks since I'd found out about NY Fashion Week from Antonia and had agreed to be her official assistant photographer. For those of you unfamilair with the world of fashion and what not, this is a really big deal. I'd spoken to my mother, who'd planned on coming up to New York to watch Brendon while I was working. Personally, I think she just really missed having us around, but that was fine with me. It was nice being missed.

The plane met the ground and I got that terribel feeling in my stomach that always happened. Out the window, I could see downtown New York City. It was like watching Sex and The City. The city itself just radiated glamour and other strange chemicals. Picking up Brendon, I squeezed my way down the isle and got to the front of the plane and out. My mother had arrived earlier that day, so she should be waiting for us. The airport was really crowded, but it was a really busy week. I'm pretty sure I saw one of the Kardashian sisters at some point. My mom met us near baggage claim. Basically running across the room, she met us with big hugs and tears in her eyes.

"Gosh, I'v missed you guys so much! It's so lonely without you around." Her hands held my face and she observed me. "There's something different about you.." I think it was a bit obvious, but I think that was her point. I'd gotten a haircut, and some new clothes. I was basically living a whole new life.

"I've really missed you too, mom." We grabbed my things and headed outside to grab a taxi. Antonia already had a room for me at a fancy hotel near all of the fashion shows. This city made me feel like I should crawl into a hole until I was updated on all the newest fashion trends. Everyone was so stylish.

My mom was staying in the same hotel room as me. It was gigantic and there was really no point in spending a boat load of money for another place. I'm sure everyone is rocketing their prices this week. The man at the front desk politely gave me my keys and we went up to the top floor of the hotel. The room had a fantastic view. My mom's mouth nearly dropped to the floor. While I'd been being spoiled with nice things lately, I forgot that my mom was still in our small home. This was really fancy. There was a window on one wall of the living room that overlooked all of New York City. I placed my bags in the bedroom. It was a king-sized bed, so I didn't mind sharing a bed with my mom. It's not like I was planning on using the hotel room for anything else. I was thinking of Harry again. I wouldn't see him for a week. They would be coming next weekend to start their North American tour. It was hard to believe that two months had almost flown right on by. They were by far the best two months of my life. Things have been going to well for me and Brendon. I owed everything to Harry. Pulling out my phone, I sent him a quick text to let him know we'd gotten here safely.

We all walked down to the lobby and decided to go grab something to eat. It was weird having jet lag in the US, being that it's where I'm from and where I've lived my entire life. I was pretty tired even though it was only four in the afternoon. We found a small restaurant around the corner that sold nice sandwiches and coffee. There was a very small area out front with tables and chairs. We found a nice spot and enjoyed the nice weather. People passed us by and we just kind of watched them go. It was nice seeing my mom again. She was my best friend.

"You have to tell me all about the tour!"

I pushed some hair behind my ear and gave Brendon a sippy-cup. "It's been....amazing. Totally life changing, really. I never even dreamed that I would be able to see and experience all the things I've seen in the past few weeks. It's totally unbelievable." I took a sip of the caffeine. I thought I might fall asleep right there.