Chapter 26

This chapter is shorter than the previous one, but's it's kind of jam-packed! I hope you like it! There will probably be fifteen more chapters until this book is done, unless I end up adding anything else! Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN! Check out all of the music I have on the sides! It always adds to the story! Thank you guys for getting me to 1,000 reads! -Lauren

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What a month. We'd been going everywhere! I could now say I'd been to almost all of the fifty states. It was great being back in America. Everyone was very inviting and the fans were crazy, not that they weren't everywhere else. It was easier here. The time changes weren't as bad, so it was easier to adjust to. We were in Louisiana now, specifically New Orleans. We'd been everywhere from Vermont to Florida and up to Ohio. In a few days, I would be meeting my dad in Indiana, then my mom in Texas the day after that. I didn't really understand why we were hopping all over the country like this. 

Straight from the airport, we had to go to the venue for the concert. Our flight had gotten in late and there wasn't time to go to the hotel first. There was a big white bus waiting for us, which was different than what we were used to. The venue was large and newly updated. Parts of the city were still being repaired from hurricane damage several year ago. The stage was nice and clean, and you could hear very well from any seat in the crowd. Backstage in the dressing rooms, there were lots of mirrors and counters to spread out on. There were flowers and cards from fans that had stopped by earlier. The stage manager said people had been waiting in line outside since yesterday. I'm sure they wanted a shower. 

The show was going to start in an hour, Lou was in the process of fixing Niall's hair. He was squirming around in the chair and laughing at something Louis had just said. Harry was in the bathroom. Louis called them into the other room so they could start vocal warmups. Harry ran out of the bathroom and wiped his wet hands on his pants. Rushing out, he stopped and kissed me. "Go be a rockstar." He winked before pecking my lips again. I don't know what it was. After that day in New York, everything went back to normal. Harry and I were closer than ever before. Things were going perfectly. 

From the dressing room, I could hear the anouncer counting down with the audience until the boys came out. It sounded more like screaming girls than just counting, and it got louder and louder. They started out with Kiss You. It started off with Zayn before moving into Harry's smooth notes. I couldn't help but mouth the words to myself. I could now sing all of these songs in my sleep, even if I didn't want to.

Lou was sitting onthe floor with Lux and played her hair, which had gotten longer. Lux was playing with the stuff in Lou's bag and pulled out a tube of lipstick. Lou turned her around and rubbed a bit onto her lips. Lux beamed with joy and laughter. "When I got pregnant, I was kind of hoping for a girl..."

Lou turned around, "I was hoping for a boy. Switch?" We laughed together. 

"Do you ever want to have more kids?"

Lou put the lid of the lipstick back on and stuck it in her pocket. "I've thought about it. I'd like to have some more kids in the future. Not now, with touring. It's hard enough with this goober." She pinched Lux's cheek. I did want a girl, but it didn't change my love for Brendon. The sadness kind of sunk in when I remembered that I could never have kids again. No little girl to spoil and take shopping. No prom dress shopping, wedding dress shopping, no periods! I loved having a son. I just wanted more. 

The show ended and the boys went to the VIP section to meet some of the fans. Lou and I hung out and talked for the time being. Zayn was the first to bust through the door. They were beyond full of energy. Louis and Harry entered next, followed by Liam and Niall. The turned on the stereo and the dressing room was instantly turned into a dance party. You would think they would be exhausted? The jumped around and danced to Smile by Avril Lavigne while screaming the lyrics at the top of their lungs. One of their managers finally came in and told them to stop so they wouldn't loose their voices. They didn't have a concert tomorrow, but they had a radio inteview and the day after that we would be in Indianapolis. The boys wore themselves out and we finally headed to the white bus outside. All of our things were inside from earlier. Brendon fell asleep in my arms. Slowly, I rubbed his back and tried to keep him steady. Lou had Lux asleep as well. Harry sat across the isle from me. I had my legs up on the chair and my head leaned against the cold window. The weather was getting warmer finally. Especially being here this close to the Gulf of Mexico. At the hotel, we got our room keys and carried our stuff up. There weren't any fans inside. I'm sure it had gotten too late, and anyone who had been here must've gone home. Harry opened up the door for us. I had requsted a crib to be set up and it was sitting right inside the door. I pushed it closer to the window and set Brendon inside. In the bedroom, I set my suitcases on the dresser and opened it up. I grabbed my pajamas and bathroom stuff. Taking a quick shower, I got ready for bed and stepped back into the bedroom. Harry was saying goodbye to somebody on the phone. He turned to me as I was towel drying the ends of my hair.