Chapter 3: Leaving

Hidden Powers
[NaLu Fanfiction]
By: JeRein_14

~★~

Chapter 3: Leaving

~★~

Lucy's POV

"What?!" I can only flinch at the sight of my overly shocked master. He was standing from his seat, hands over the table, eyes widened and jaws dropped. He's clearly in a state of shock and disbelief.

"Master! Keep your voice down. The others might hear you." I hissed at him which made him pursed his lips together, creating a thin line. I used my sharp hearing to determine any changes from downstairs, but heard only sniffles and sobs. Guess Gajeel and the others are still not done giving everyone the guilt trip. Tch, i told them not to speak up. At this rate, i'll surely have a hard time sneaking away and leave.

"Tell me, this isn't just about finding your relatives, am i right?" The once shocked -filled face of Master shifted to a more serious one. He regain his lost composure before seating back at his seat.

"Well, yeah. I need to train my powers, Master. And aside from that, i've been having dreams lately. About what happened years ago, when Mom died and when we got separated. I think it's a sign. A sign that i should look for them once and for all."

"Since when have you been having this dreams, dear? I mean, have you had them before?"

"Well, before. After that incident, I've had nightmares of it consistently for a whole week. But after that, it just stopped. This is the first time in years i had it again."

"Is that so? I'm giving you permission to go. But i'll hold your word on coming back. When will you leave?"

"As soon as possible. Probably tonight. Virgo's currently packing my things as we speak."

"Never hesitate to come back even if your two years hasn't ended yet. We will welcome you with open arms, dear."

"Thank you, Master. I need to go. By the way, Master. I doubt i can use the front door anymore since Gajeel and the others already told them. Is it ok if i open up a portal here?" Master gazed at me questioningly as if asking with his eyes.

"You can do that?"

"Yes."

"I see. Of course you can, dear." I smiled at him for goodbye before turning away. I waved my hand lightly infront of me before casting a spell.

"With the power blessed upon me by the Heavenly Gods, i call upon the Spirit of Traveling! Hear my voice, lend me your power. Open! Portal to my Apartment!" I chanted as a medium size yellow magic circle appeared beneath me. In instant, a swirling portal opened up infront of me. Satisfied, i spared Master a glance, who has his jaw dropped and eyes widened. With a respectful nod, i entered the portal.

~☆~

I'm already settled at the train, waiting patiently for it's departure. When i got back at my apartment about 30 minutes ago, Virgo was already done. All of my necessary things were packed and ready to go. I didn't took long on convincing my landlady to temporarily hold up my apartment. She agreed nonetheless. I immediately went to the train station after that, carefully hiding my scent as i did so. I casted a spell on myself, allowing me to change my scent as i wish. From vanilla and strawberries, i temporarily replaced it to honey.

When i arrived at Magnolia's Train Station, i finally made up my mind on going to the town just near the Heartfilia Estate. Maybe i'll find some clues on where Max and the others are.

I just really hope that they're all alright and alive. I need them now. Especially now. I'm afraid my powers are getting out of hand. Just recently, my magic had backfired on me multiple of times, often during my missions. One time, i attempted to cast a spell but instead, it backfired and eaten more than half of my magic. I thought i was a goner back then since the Vulcan i was fighting was still on his feet, clearly outraged and angry. If it wasn't for Loke who forced his gate open, i'm already dead meat by then.

My powers are out of hand right now. I don't know why but if i don't do anything now, my magic might start to hurt not just me but those people around me. I can't afford that to happen.

As of now, my only choice is looking for my brothers and cousins. This whole magic failure might have something to do with my lack of training. Since the day we all got separated, i haven't had much time to train my powers. Especially when i was a kid. I was so scared to unleash it. I was locked up with the fact that i might hurt someone with it. I got over that fear upon reaching the age of 15 when i saved a family from being burned down along with their house. I was just passing by a town when a crowd of people started screaming and yelling out 'help' and 'fire'. Of course, i ran up to the scene to help. I managed to summon Aquarius on a nearby fountain. Most of the fire were put out. But unfortunately, a house went unnoticed by her. I needed to run inside since a family were trapped. I panicked when i saw them all unconscious and hardly breathing. In instinct, i used my hidden powers to put out the fire and summon a spirit to help me carry them out.

Since that incident, i learned that i really needed to train my powers. I don't know when i'll need it so it's better to have the hang of it than use it untamed. It's safer that way.

I trained this power for two years until i met Natsu and Happy at Hargeon and joined Fairy Tail at the age of 17. I had lesser time to train since then. And maybe i'm paying the price now..

~★~

Rein's Note:

As promise, here it is! Sorry if it was kind of late, though. I was held up with some school work.. hehehe..

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote..

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14