Chapter 2

What's up! So here's the next chapter! I was able to get this done a lot sooner then I thought I was going to be able to, it also ended up a lot longer than intended. But you know what, I don't care, it got done! Yay!!! So as I promised. I would like to dedicate this chapter to Cryptic_Eyes because she was the one who got me into the idea of writing this fanfic, if you guys get a chance look her up, she's pretty cool and very nice, her stories are awesome to. If you go and check her out, I highly suggest the "Intertwine Fates" series. Thank you Cryptic_Eyes! Love you guys! Enjoy the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POV: Lucy

"Hey guys!" Said a sweet voice behind us. We turned to look to see Mira walking towards us with a tray full of drinks in it.

"Hey Mira!" We all said in a union.

"You guys have been up here for a while, so I thought I'd bring you guys some lemonade." Mira offered.

"Thank you Mira." I said with a big smile us each taking a glass of lemonade gratefully.

"We have been up here a while, we just can't seem to find a job that would be a good for us." Natsu said.

"That and you're being picky!" Gajeel complained to him.

"Don't you two start!" Erza roared.

"That's another reason I came up here. We got some new S-class job requests." She said handing us a stack of requests. "Here, you guys can be the first to look through them."

"Wow. Thanks Mira." Levy said.

"Your welcome guys." Mira said walking away to go back to the bar down stairs. "Just let me know if you find one."

We all started looking through the stack hoping to find a job that would be good for us.

"How about this one!" Gray asked. With Juvia on his arm. "We would have to go help a town build a dam."

"Well that doesn't sound like a very good job for the S-class board." Gajeel said.

"We would also have to fight multiple sea serpents that keep destroying the dam's soon after they rebuild them." Gray said after reading more of it.

"Nah. That sounds boring." Natsu said.

"See!" Gajeel said pointing at Natsu. "Picky!"

"What about this?" Erza said. "We would need to go capture a large group of thieves that have been dramatically stealing from banks, jewellery stores, wealthy people in the town, and even the mayor."

"Boring!" I turned to Natsu who out his hands up in defense. I then looked to see everyone else staring at Gajeel. "I took a job like that one time and it was horrible. Trust me. I bet the pay is bad just like the one I took too."

"Look who's being picky now!" Natsu teased. Gajeel and Natsu started growling at each other.

"My turn." I called before they could start something. Erza handed me the stack of papers. I looked through them one by one, until I got to one that sounded really interesting and for some reason I felt drawn to it. "This one!" I exclaimed. I didn't say anything after that, I was too busy trying to figure out why I was so drawn to it.

"Well go ahead and read it Lucy." Natsu said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"A magical tree in the middle of the forest needs to be destroyed for it has been attracting magical beasts along with other wild and dangerous animals to it from many miles around. The beasts have started to move towards the town. We want to get rid of them before they get too close to the town. Please send help!" I read aloud to everyone.

"Sounds a bit interesting." Gajeel said crossing his arms.

"And a huge group of thieves that have steeling like crazy aren't?" Gray asked sweat dropping.

"No. . . . Gajeel's right." Erza said. We turned to look at her. "This one does sound like a challenge." She said smiling.

"And a bunch of sea serpents don't." Levy questioned sweat dropping.

"Well do we agree then?" Natsu asked. Everyone nodded.

"Well then. We can pack and rest up tonight and head there tomorrow morning." Erza said.

"Aye sir!" We yelled and pumped our fists into the air as we all ran down the stairs laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was walking on the edge of the sidewalk next to the river that ran through Magnolia, enjoying the rest of the nice day that it was. The sun was going down that cast a nice mix of pink, orange, and blue in the sky.

"Hey Lucy!" Someone screamed next to me. I shrieked and jumped away from the voice and was about to fall into the river, when I felt a strong hand grab onto mine. My feet were now on the very edge of the cobble stone. The hand that grabbed me was the only thing that kept me from falling into the river. I looked to see who my savior was.

"Natsu!" I yelled at him standing there staring at me with a wide grin on his face.

"You alright Luce?" He asked me.

"What do you think! I'm about to fall into the river!" I yelled freaking out. "Now pull me up!"

"Hehehehe. Lucy you should have seen your face, it was priceless!" Natsu said yanking on my hand. As he pulled me up I lost my balance, and almost fell into the river if it wasn't for Natsu who grabbed me around the waist and swung me around so that my back was facing the buildings.

"Thanks Natsu." I said. I felt very strange. Then I realized it. Natsu still had his arm wrapped round my waist and was still holding my hand as well. With our faces only inches apart. I felt my face burn up with embarrassment. "Could you let go?" I asked hiding my face with my bangs. Natsu let go and I looked at him. He had a bit of pink showing up on his cheeks.

"Sorry Lucy." He said rubbing the back of his head. Seeing that he was blushing made me smiling and forget that he almost made me fall into the river.

"So what did you want Natsu? And where's Happy?" I asked looking around, just realizing that he was missing from sight.

"Erza wanted me to tell you you that we'll be leaving at nine o'clock for the train station. And I told Happy I would meet him back at home after I told you."

"Oh, okay thanks Natsu." I said as I started walking back to my apartment.

"Hey Lucy, can I ask you a question?" Natsu asked looking down at the ground while walking next to me.

"Sure, what's up?" I asked turning my head towards him.

"Do you really think I kicked Gajeel's ass or were you just saying that?"

"Yeah I do. Why do you think I would just say that?" I asked him confused.

"I don't know. I guess it was just something that Mira said to me is all."

'Oh god. Knowing Mira she probably said something how we're love doves or some crap like that.'

"What did she say exactly?"

"Nah, it's nothing." He said looking a little happier, yet he also looked a bit disappointed.

"You sure?" I asked him walking up to the door of my apartment, and turned to look at him before I opened the door. He had a smile of satisfaction. And also something else.

"Yeah I'm sure! Well night Lucy! See you tomorrow!" He called as he put his hands behind his head and started walking down the street.

"Yeah. Night Natsu!" I yelled for him to hear me, even though he has super hearing. "See you tomorrow." I whispered to myself as I walked into my apartment to get ready for bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POV: Natsu

'Damn you Mira!'