Day 26 <~> [redacted]

sorry but I can't tell you the prompt, it would ruin the emotion. (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Word Count: 763

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Jack's perspective>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Just hold on." Mark breathed in my ear, his excitement obviously lingering through the sentence.

"Mark, you do know what you're saying to me is completely impossible for me?" I laughed, grasping the knuckles that held my eyes closed. Today had been our 3rd year anniversary, Mark had always talked about something he was going to do on our 'special day'.

"Okay." He had answered after about ten minutes of us trudging through the soft grains of Los Angeles sand, slowly taking his hands off my eyes, leaving the scent of his apple cinnamon soap to still linger in my nose.

"Holy shit." I gasped, whispering. In front of me had seemed like Heaven's angles had descended down and gave us the overpriced masterpiece that had emerged itself from my blindness. A white alter with beautiful and intricate shavings to depict of roses and words I couldn't read. Yellow flowers woven around the alter, a pastel rainbow of petals instead of a church rug for us to walk in. a priest in white had smiled at us, patiently waiting for me to grasp what was going on in reality. The people in the pews stared at us with hope and anticipation, and I swear I saw one of them on Mark's side give almost an raging envious look towards me, as if it shouldn't me linked arms with Mark, it should've been them. 

"Don't worry about her." He murmured.

"She just came out here for a random reason." I nodded, still curious of who she was. I shook my head as we got closer to the priest, trying to shake out any thoughts or doubts from my head.

"Is this why you made me dress in a white tux?" I joked, chuckling as he nodded.

"Jack, whenever I make you dress up, you should know it's going to be extravagant." Mark raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, yeah, we've been datin' f'r four years now, I get it." I waved my free hand at him, as if to say 'I've heard this a thousand times before', causing a forced down laugh to erupt from his throat.

"Jack, shush." He giggled. Soon enough, the fun would end, we reached the end of the aisle, finding myself a bit too close to the priest. He opened his mouth, beginning the vows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And do you, Sean-" I stopped the priest in his words, correcting him.

"Jack." Mark had rolled his eyes, hiding a smirk from the audience.

"Jack, Mcloughlin take Mark as your lawful wedded husband?" I grabbed Mark's shirt collar, bringing him close.

" I do." I smiled, shoving my lips onto his, and softening the kiss just as it hit. I smiled as I turned my head, hearing the cheers from both sides of the pews, as if they would've been just as excited about this marriage with any other. I pulled away, smiling.

"'Ey Mark?" I asked.

"Yeah?" He answered, completely oblivious to what I was going to say next.

"Now will you share your subscribers with me?" I chortled as he groaned.

"Oh, kiss me you fool." He replied, almost sounding British.

"Alright." I shrugged, pulling his arms in, planting another kiss onto the soft pillows of lips I yet to call my own.

"What is that?" I could hear Mark's mother yell in response to a whistling noise that grew louder each second. I looked back, releasing my lips from Mark's. 

"Holy shit-" I could barely speak before shielding Mark as white came over us, bomb shards shattering through the sand. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up screaming in a dark room, the moon overcasting the colors from the windows. I felt my heart pattering as I clenched my chest, breathing heavily. I heard shuffling next to me, and a sudden arm wrapping around my torso, soothing my senses.

"Jack." A deep voice muttered, luring my head towards it.

"What's wrong?" Mark's eyes were filled with sleepy worry.

"Just, just a bad dream." I smiled reassuring him.

Wait-

"Why are you in the same bed?" Mark laughed.

"This always happens when you have a bad dream, remember? We've been together for three years now, and yesterday, we literally just got married." Memories flooded back into my head.

"Yeah, yeah all that shit-" Mark shushed me, saying it was time to sleep.

"I'll try." I whined, feeling arms wrap around me.

Yet again, a dream seemingly too realistic, but this time-

I was falling in love with the American all over again.

~~~~

if you couldn't tell, the prompt was 'Getting Married'.