Day 20 <~> Dancing

I'm not very glad on how little effort I put in it.

DON'T PLAY CANON IN D UNTIL I SAY (if you want you can play at the beginning. I'm not that mean.)

Word Count: 1326

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Jack's Perspective>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dances were never fun, yet did I have to go? Yes. I always had to do this type of crap when my mother found out which was most of the time, thanks to my 'friends'.

"Jack!" Killian's loud voice erupted my head out of the deep cozy sleep of thoughts. I groaned.

"What?" He grinned, the teeth replacing cheeks.

"I think I found someone to dance with you."  Killian slurred his speech seductively, pointing behind us.

"And he's coming right now." He wiggled his eyebrows, then ran to Daithi. I looked over my shoulder to see the beauty as it is, Mark Fischbach, grade A student, and sex Jesus (even though he was a virgin.)

"So..." I looked away, avoiding the glare of the beauty as it is. 

"Did your friends tell you the right way or?" He laughed.

"I guess, Kill just said that you were gonna be my partner or somethin' for the crap party the school's doing." I shrugged.

"I guess it's correct." He snickered, seeing Killian and Daithi flop around as if they were puppets, only acting on broken strings. I sighed, hoping the two hadn't planned anything worse than this, the mere thought of being able to be so close to the school crush was at the least terrifying.

"Well.." I looked at my phone to check the time, still only 3:30, the time we get out of school, but still not enough time to get anything perfect.

"I'll go see you tonight, 'kay Mark?" I soared the words out, too scared to miss any moment of time that I could have to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yeah, yeah, ma'. Y're so happy for me t' come out of the closet." I whined as she straightened my tie, a nasty habit she'd gotten into since the first school dance I went to, even if the tie looked fine.

"Sean William McLoughlin." My named strained out firmly. I felt the gum I'd been chewing go down my throat reluctantly.

"Don't speak t' me in t'at tone young man." She sterned. I nodded.

"But, ma'. Y'e know I've told y'e I was bi before." The pouting in my eyes ceased when her's stared daggers.

"But y'e haven't shone it in public have y'e?" I shook my head.

"No, m'a." Her hands had flattened, showing the palms as if to say 'see?'.

"And actually, Mark asked me, not vice-versa" I blatantly pulled facts from my lips.

"Yes, yes, now go, you have someone waiting f'r y'a out there." She smacked my shoulder and walked away, leaving me in my room to stare at the flower crown I've kept since I was six. 

"Fuck it." My shoulders bumped up once, then signaled my arms to grab the flower crown, slipping it atop my forehead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the first time, the school had put on a pretty great 'party', the only thing wrong was that I couldn't find Mark.

"Jack!" I heard someone call out.

"Jack!" The voice much closer now, sounding my alarms. I felt my breath quicken, for an unknown reason, I had gotten scared. I whirled around, searching for the source of the shouting.

"Jack." I sucked my breath in, turning my head to the hand that rested on my shoulder. I followed the arm that was connected to hand, to a shoulder, to a face, one that had seemed too mature for a 15 year old, as if they had already gone through puberty. the curved features weren't as rugged as mine, their skin was a caramel, again much more tanner than mine.

"Jack." the owner of the silk voice spoke. I shook myself out of my thoughts.

"Mark." I answered back. 

"Are we just going to say each other's names the whole time?" He exulted.

"I guess so." I beamed. He looked behind himself, to see most people doing some slow dance/tango shit. Mark tipped his head back swiftly, gesturing to dance. I shook my head.

"Why not?" He whined.

"Gay rights are legal in Ireland right?"

"Mark, I'm pretty sure I don't want some girl to beat me up tomorrow because I danced with you." I articulated, hiding a smirk when he rolled his eyes, pouting.

"You little pampered bitch!" I joked, pushing his chest a little.

"Woah, already getting into the cliches, huh?" I groaned.

"Did I make a shit move?" I frowned.

"No, it's just whenever  see those tsundere animes I swear to God each person who has a crush always pushes their crush away by the chest and giggles." I stated.

"Oh." I learned.

"Yeah." The awkward aura grew this moment, until one of Mark's favorite 'studying' song came on, Canon in D

(preferred to play song now :y)

"C'mon, Jack. You have to dance now." Mark enthused, grabbing my wrist and pulling to where everyone had been dancing.

"I don't dance, Mark. You should know that." I muttered, trying to back away from his iron grip. 

"Jack this is literally the first time we're talking to eachother- just, follow me as we go, okay?" My head forcefully shook up and down, only to be stopped by a finger on my chin.

"First thing's first, always look at your partner." He smiled. I nodded, still insecure of where to keep my feet, I had to look down, to see my feet aligned perfectly with his.

"Oh my god I'm doing awesome!" I exclaimed and laughed as the music crescendo'ed.

"Yup! See, it's easy!" He answered with the same tone. My hand had gripped on his shoulder in fear that he could drop me though having a firm grasp on my waist. We had whirled for a bit in the correct places with the music. I felt like I was floating, happiness keeping me in the skies and making sure I could never be let down. I laughed, feeling the breeze of school conditioners blow back my hair a small amount, I had never felt this elated in my life, and to spend it with the person I fell in love with (like the whole school). 

"Get ready." Mark whispered, pulling me half out of his grip. I felt Mark dip me down slowly, to make sure I wasn't scared, I was a beginner at this. He did something I would never have dreamed, he pressed his lips against mine during the peak of Pachebel's song. I could feel my whole disappearing with the moment, the only things that I could tell were reality was the song and Mark's lips against mine. I knew the burning sensation wasn't only my cheeks, but the jealousy that most of the girls and some boys had been sending me through their eyes. I realized I probably was the luckiest person on Earth (or at this school, atleast.) I smiled under the grasp of Mark's mouth. He had finally pulled away, leaving my lips cold and craving more. He smiled at me, still dipping me down.

"I finally got to do that."

(okey preferred to stop music y:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I had walked down the dark hallway, still daydreaming of Mark's lips on mine. I touched my lips and chuckled, never have I thought this could happen with me and a major crush. I felt a presence behind me, thinking it was Mark I decided to tease him, ignoring him as the steps grew closer. Next thing I knew I was thrown against the lockers, a hand pushing and keeping my shoulder pinned to the painful uncomfortableness of the locker doors. I looked up not see Mark, but to see Wade Barnes, a rich pampered kid who'll get whatever or whoever he wants, whenever he wants. He scowled at me as if I was a thief.

"Where do you think you're going?"