Day 16 <~> During Morning Rituals

Word Count: 600

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"D' y'a know how much I love you?" Jack cooed into Mark's ear, hugging his waist from behind. 

"Mhm. About 784 times. in only two months." His blank expression overpowered by Jack's uproarious laughter, letting a smirk cross his lips.

"Well, make t'at 785." He murmured into the pink haired Hawaiian.

"Added." Mark taunted back, giving in to the cutesy game. He was making waffles, and then going to dress, but there he was, stuck in a robe, his ears being molested by sweet nothings. 

"Mark, is something on you're mind?" Jack's voice smoothing out more, the pet names stopping.

"I just gott'a do what I gott'a do." Mark answered nonchalantly, putting the last of the waffles on the plate. Then walking away, Jack's arm's pried off from his waist. He had walked to the on suite in the master bedroom, getting ready to take away the stench of morning off of him. Jack, on the other hand was trembling in fear. Had he done something wrong in the relationship? Was Mark just using him in the heat of the relationship and just going to throw him away? Did Mark think vice versa? And though it may have been seen to overreact, it was perfect for the situation, or, Jack's situation. The tears that dripped down Jack's face mixed with the whimpers of his fearful sorrow, were just enough for him to block any noise, so when he felt an unexpected hand grasp his shoulder, he jumped. A pair of cold, terrified blue eyes met with a pair of warm, concerned, brown eyes. 

"Jack, honey? Why are you crying? What's wrong?" He sat by his lover, holding him close.

"I-I don't know what I did wrong." His hiccups and stutters of crying obstructed his voice.

"Y-Y'a haven-'t bee-en actin' n-normal lately and-and I f-feel like t'is my fault." His tears washed over Mark's shirt, letting his hand travel down and up Jack's back.

"I-I'm sorry, Jack. I don't want you to think that, I love you. No matter what." He thought for a moment. 

"You know what unconditional love is?" His voice echoed through the Irish man's ears, only to be saddened by the shake of head by Jack, meaning he had no idea what it was.

"Oh.." Mark looked up.

"It means, it means to love someone through everything, ups and downs, helping them with anything, and no matter what, they would never, ever, leave that person." Mark held up Jack's chin, smiling softly.

"And, unlike your other relationships-" Jack chuckled, tears still glistening on his cheeks.

"-I will never leave you, and I love your mistakes,  they're beautiful, like you are." Mark chuckled as Jack squealed, playfully punching Mark in the chest for the comment.

"T'at was unnecessary !" He laughed. Jack wrapped his arms loosely around Mark's neck.

"It was necessary!" Mark laughed, doing the same to Jacks waist. He smirked and leaned closer, pecking Jack's nose. 

"Oh, you call t'at a kiss?" Jack groaned, leaning in quickly placing the two's lips in sync. Mark smiled under the imprisonment of his boyfriend's lips, as if his had Stockholm syndrome. They finally pulled apart, Jack caressing both sides of Mark's face.

"Y'e 're such a goober." He chuckled.

"And I hate that, I hate how you always make me smile and feel t'ose god damn badgers to go from my throat, down to my stomach. Thanks Mark." He smirked.

"But, it's also what I love about you." He snuggled into Mark's chest. 

"You know.." Mark concluded.

"I did not expect a morning to go so perfect."