Day 18 <~> Doing something together

I'm really not happy with this one...

Word Count: 1660

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Mark's Perspective>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A breach. A fucking-"

I heard the shifting of feet, and SCP-096's screams.

"Breach." I muttered. I jolted to look at the entrance to see the person running in. I scowled, it was D-Class. Why did I have to take care of D-Class? It was literally short for Disposable class.

"Doc! Doc, y'a gott'a help me!" He begged me, shaking my arm, only to scream when SCP-096 had burst through the door, definitely intelligent enough to properly open the door, but too angry to.

"Ah, what the hell It doesn't matter, they'll repair it." I sighed, shuffling the last papers to the screams of the D-Class being ripped apart mercilessly by SCP-096, who then later cried, forcing my instincts to kick in. I ran to the creature, looking down. 

"Hey- Hey, calm down, it's alright." I hummed to the creature, it's what I always did, I am known as the 'Shy Guy Therapist'. I didn't have powers to calm him down, nor any other SCP, in fact, I couldn't actually do this with any of the other SCPs in the Humanoid Unit, especially SCP-049 and SCP-082. 

"Shhhh, it's all okay, you're okay." I smirked down at the corpse, D-Class have always been the single thing I hate in this facility. Of course we're hidden in Ireland, we are all trying to spread across the world, and we are still high class security, but, someone was stupid enough to let some SCP out that was clearly was smarter, it was common sense. I heard whimpering from SCP-096. 

"Go on, buddy, I know you're  tired, it's alright." I walked with him and patted him off outside of my office, or whatever you could call it, and ran, hearing the screeching roars of him, I had taken a glance at his face. I was just running, I didn't know which direction I was going, I just ran, forgetting all my knowledge and the quickest route to the exit. Finally getting to the Armed section. 

"Is anyone there?" I heard a desperate voice, a bit too human. 

"Please, I need help!" It cried, sounding male. I knew who this was. SCP-682 had been released, unsurprisingly. 

"Fuck it." I answered, running as quick as I could from the monster. I turned my head back to what was to kill me soon enough, to not only see the feet of the reptile, but to see it's jaws, snapping at the tailcoat of my jacket.

"Shit!-" I hissed, falling to the floor as 682 successfully ripped on my jacket. I was finished, I knew I was. I could feel the rows sharp needles sink into my back, forcing my lungs exhale, emitting a scream of pain from my throat. 

"Get off of him!" A voice rang out from the suffocating jaws of unconsciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes opened to see black. Where was I? Was I... Dead? Had I finally found the exit to that job and lifestyle I had? Or was this just a dream? I walked along blindly through the field of black, smelling of pinewood with humidity overwhelming anything tangible. I looked to the left, seeing a figure. Who was this? It was coming closer at a swift pace, shooting my mental alarms to go off, even though I couldn't move. I had finally seen the face, or... Head. There was no face, it was a man, with brown hair, gray lining the hair.

"Who are you?" Garbled speech answered my question, the man pointing to my stomach, I looked down to see the sickening sight of my organs and skin repairing itself.