Chapter 25

Elizabeth

I screamed as I opened my eyes, then relaxed as the darkness took over.

“Lizzy,” Chance said worriedly as he held me in his lap, “Are you alright?”

“She had a vision,” Jesse said from about a foot away, sounding slightly annoyed. “Right?”

I nodded, putting a hand on my head. “Lots of vampires are coming here, tonight I think.”

“What!?”

“Are you sure!?”

“When?”

“Where from?”

“Do they know?”

They were talking too fast for me to even keep up with who was who. It was just too confusing. I held my head then quickly shook it. “Shut up!!” When they both shut their mouths I sighed. “Don’t go so fast, it’s too confusing, and I don’t know much just what I told you. Several of them are coming here through the woods and I’m pretty sure they’ll be here tonight.”

“They must know,” Jesse said quietly, moving back. “And I bet Siena’s to thank for that.”

“She’s probably talking to them right now,” Chance growled, “sending them our way.”

I stood up and felt a shiver run down my spine. “There were just so many of them . . . I don’t know if you two can stop them all.”

Chance

I raised an eyebrow at her then stood. “I love how confident you are in us,” I said flatly.

She spun around, her eyes wide. “It’s not that! I know you two are pretty good,” pretty good? “but there were just so many of them . . . you’d be outnumbered.”

I growled slightly then crossed my arms. “I’ll go check it out tonight, Jesse can stay here and watch you.” About two seconds later I decided that maybe I should of kept my mouth shut, because she freaked.

“You can’t go by yourself!! Chance there’s at least six of them, probably ten, they’ll kill you!!”

She ran over to me and I took a small step to the side so she wouldn’t miss. She threw her arms around my neck and hugged me close. “It’d be suicide! Please don’t!!”

Jesse growled quietly and I looked up to see him narrowing his eyes at me. I smirked to him then looked back down to Lizzy.

“You’ve never seen me fight so I’ll ignore that huge blow to my ego, but your lack of faith in me kind of hurts.”

“Chance,” she mumbled into my shoulder, “there’s a lot of them and they’re big.”

I sighed and looked up to Jesse for help. He rolled his eyes. “Don’t worry about him El, he refuses to die, take it from someone who’s tired.”

She pulled back and started to smile then stopped, spinning around to stare at Jesse. “What!?”

“The point is,” I said quickly, taking her shoulders and spinning her back around to face me, “it takes more than a few eager vampires to take me down. Unlike Jesse over there who tucks tail and runs, I never give up a fight until I’ve won.”

Jesse glared at me but I just grinned and looked back to Lizzy. She actually seemed more relaxed. Jesse sighed and came up behind her, putting his hand on her shoulder.

“Something about turning teenagers,” Jesse said in that calm voice of his, “they have more energy, are more determined, and surprisingly are better fighters. Chance is one of the best fighters around. He’ll be fine.”