Chapter 11

Elizabeth

“Oh, that’s the most ironic thing I’ve ever heard!” Chance said as he started to laugh. “She’s blind and has the sight! It’s almost cruel!”

“I have the what?” I asked, pulling away from Jesse.

“No,” Jesse sighed, “we can’t be sure until we check with the writings.”

“Then let’s go!”

I shook my head, moving farther away from them. “I’m not going anywhere with you two.”

“Oh come on Lizzy,” Chance said with another smirk, “Don’t be a party pooper.”

“Cut it out Chance,” Jesse snapped, “She’s already terrified, thanks to you.” He moved closer and I immediately started rushing back, but he was much quicker than me. Jesse lightly took my hand in both of his.

“We’re not going to hurt you, you have my word. We just need you to come back to our house so we can check with some books and ask you a few questions. That’s all.”

“Yeah,” Chance added in, sounding like he was starting to get bored. “Then we’ll drop you off at your place before you turn back into a pumpkin.”

“I’m not Cinderella,” I whispered, trying to listen and figure out which direction would take me back to where I was before.

“Of course not,” Chance replied, pausing as he walked past me and leaning toward me as he whispered, “she got rescued by prince charming and you’re stuck with prince darkness.”

I heard a quiet growl come from Jesse and he pulled me a little closer to him. “Come on El, let’s get you out of this alley. My car is just right down there.”

“No, no!” I started pulling back with everything I had, trying to get away. “Let me go! I’m not going with you.”

“Elizabeth,” he said as if talking to a child, “There’s no need to throw a fit, it’s alright. Come on.”

He pulled me a few steps farther down the alley and I started hitting at him with my free hand, trying to make him let go. “Let me go! Please!” I sobbed.

These two creepy guys were trying to take me away to somewhere I couldn’t see, it could be to some abandoned building around the corner for all a knew, and were going to do who knows what to me. No way was I going to just go along with them! Now if I could only stop crying long enough to get away.

“El,” Jesse whispered, pulling me closer to him and trapping my hands so I couldn’t hit him anymore, “It’s alright, I swear we’re not going to do anything to you. Trust me.”

I shook my head then froze when I heard Chance calling from the end of the alley. “Would you hurry up and get her down here before I come throw her over my shoulder and drag her butt to the car!”

“Come on, El,” Jesse encouraged, giving my arm a little pull.

Reluctantly, I let him lead me down the alley then help me into a car. Jesse closed my door then opened the driver side one and climbed in, starting the engine. I hurried for the other side of the backseat, hoping to open that door and climb out, but instead I just ran into somebody.

“Miss me already?” Chance asked with a smirk.

I let out a small scream then jumped back to my side of the seat. He was back here with me? That didn’t make me feel comfortable in the least.  

“Chance!” Jesse yelled as the car pulled away. “Leave her alone or I’m throwing you to the street at the next red light.”

Chance muttered something to himself then was quiet. I pulled my legs up on the seat and sat, curled up, against my door for the whole ride, not saying a word. I wasn’t sure if their house was just really close to town or if Jesse was speeding down the roads, but we got there pretty quickly.