Second year!

I stumbled down the stairs in excitement, dragging my overflowing trunk down behind me. I was finally going back to Hogwarts and I couldn't wait! Last year had been tough but now I had a secure home and school time table, things couldn't be better. I left my trunk near the door as I pelted back up to my room.

I grabbed my new school bag and packed it with my travel essentials. Money bag, book, enchanted ipod and sweets. Only one thing was missing, Lumos. My tiny black kitten had not grown at all since I got him, something I was glad of as he could fit very easily inside my school bag. I opened the compartment in my bag made especially for him and lined it with his favourite purple blanket and velvet toy mouse. Finally I picked up Lumos' treats and my purple travel cloak, already dressed in my purple school dress I made my last journey downstairs.

I dropped my bag and cloak at the door as I left the house and wondered outside to the dragon sanctuary where both Uncle Charlie and I worked. Over the summer I had become very close with the other team members and they all looked out for me. Now it was time to say goodbye. I first went around to all of my favourite dragons and fed them a treat before going into the staff room. Everyone was waiting there to say goodbye, I was passed from arms to arms being hugged and kissed on each cheek as we parted. Eventually I reached my Uncle, he put his arm around my shoulders and together we walked back to the cottage.

Uncle Charlie picked up my cloak and draped it over my shoulders then fastened it securely with the golden clasp. He picked up my trunk as I shouted my kitten. "Lumos! It's time to go!"

My little fur ball came trotting down the stairs and jumped into my bag, nestling himself in his blanket as I put my bag on my shoulder. I took my uncles hand and we disapperated to kings cross station, London. We grinned at each other before running straight through the barrier between platforms nine and ten to get to platform nine and three quarters.

Once onto the platform, my uncle pulled me around to face him, "Calla, do you promise me that you'll let me know if anything happens, and write to me every week and try to stay out of trouble, work hard at school, tell me if you need anyth..."

"Uncle! I'll be fine, it's only school! I promise that I'll behave and owl you, I'm gonna miss you."

My uncles eyes grew cloudy with tears as he hugged me tightly, we had become so accustomed with each others company over the summer, it was painful to be separated. "Okay draga (sweetheart), I'll miss you too, I love you!"

I love you too uncle, see you at Christmas!" I gave my uncle a final hug before running onto the Hogwarts Express to meet my friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There we go, the next year had begun! I wasn't sure whether or not to put the second year in a separate book and do a series like that or just one massive book with everything in. Its up to you as you're my readers and this book is for you, let me know what you think. Anyway I hope that you liked it, thank you for reading.

Love Lily xxx