Christmas with Uncle Charlie

I was woken up on Christmas morning by being bounced on, "Calla.....wake.....up.....it's.....Christmas" Charlie shouted between jumps. I leapt out of bed sending Charlie crashing to the ground and ran to our cosy living room. Within an hour we were both surrounded by a sea of brightly coloured paper.

After making pancakes for us both we went to the sanctuary where uncle Charlie worked to meet up and later have a Christmas dinner. When we first arrived my uncle showed me around before leaving me in the nursery to meet his friends.

After playing with the array of cute little monsters I noticed a the tiniest dragon huddled in the corner, alone with his eyes closed. When I went over to stroke him I heared a voice that made me jump out of my skin.
"Good luck with that one, he isn't responding well to treatment. He was the runt of the litter and his mother abandoned him."

Carefully I picked up the mini dragon under the watchful eye of the fierce looking blue haired female dragon keeper. I began to whisper under my breath to him in Bulgarian, a lullaby I'd picked up from Durmstrang. slowly as I held him tight the infant dragon fell asleep. The dragon keepers face broke into a wide grin as she shook her head.

"Well you sure do have talent, why don't you keep that little guy for your own, think of him as a Christmas gift. I'm Ezzy by the way, my full names too much of a mouthful."

Leading me out of the nursery we chatted away on our journey to the dining hall where we met my uncle and his friends. the Christmas dinner was amazingly yummy with a full five courses and plenty of butter beer to wash it down we went back home feeling stuffed.

At home my uncle turned to face me with a completely straight face, "Call, I know this is probably a bad time to ask but do you still want to attend Hogwarts because if you do I have to re-register you under your new name and identity."

Rolling my eyes at the stupid question I began to laugh. "of course I want to go back to Hogwarts, I'm ready for the school but is the. School ready for me?"