Durmstrang and Dragons

I was so excited the next morning and lept out of bed as soon as Lulu woke me. I ran down stairs in my pj's and into the kitchen. I was jumping up and down as I waited for my waffles to be ready, I made breakfast for every one and then ran to get the boys up. Like a jack in a box I bounced on Jake's bed until he grabbed by ankles pulling my legs out from under me which resulted in me landing with a thud on his feet. 

"Lil, what the hell you doing!" Jake looked a little irritated. I threw my arms around him and hugged him tight, we'd all become really close already.

"Jake, It's time to get up. We're working with dragons today, plus I everyone waffles for breakfast!" As soon as I mentioned waffles he was out of the door, I giggled and walked over to Luke knowing that he'd be angry if I jumped on him. I gently shook his shoulder until he groggily opened his eyes.

"Mornin' Lil, why did ya wake me up?" he yawned and stretched. I pulled him to his feet and told him I'd made breakfast and we went down the stairs. I paused to watch the fish as I did noticing a baby grindylow swimming around the bottom in and around the vegetation.

Sitting round the table, my friends and I chatted about dragons and the upcoming day. We all enjoyed my waffles, smothered in maple syrup before going and getting dressed and going to Durmstrag for the day.

We arrived and were escorted by a professor to our first lesson, Dragon Care and Training. The professor was a hugely built mad, riddled with scars both old and new. He pointed his wand at us before muttering something, we then realized he'd given us the gift of Bulgarian.

"Welcome to my class, here there will be NO messing around unless you want to be burnt to a crisp. These dragons are dangerous creatures yet they still need to be treated with love and compassion. If I see ANYONE mistreating a dragon, you will be out of this class and maybe even school. That is a promise. Now you will all be left to find your dragon, they will chose you and form a very tight bond to you. Good luck and have fun!"

The class peeled off, murmuring quietly as we took in the dragons. They were a range of dragons in a variety of shapes, sizes and ages tethered to the ground or in cages. I wondered around until I saw an abandoned nest that caught my eye a small distance from the class and in it lay a large pure white egg with cracks along the shell. I walked over to it and rested my hand on top. The egg jerked toward my hand. I noticed a small hole in the side with a beak like mouth just showing. The mouth opened and gasped for air as it tried to escape from its thick protective layer.

The baby dragon squeaked and my heart broke for the little one who would surely die soon. I took a risk and started to pull back parts of the tough shell until suddenly the rest of it cracked and popped apart, leaving a tiny pink-violet baby dragon. It squeaked and crawled onto my lap where he collapsed in an uncoordinated heap. I laughed quietly and stroked my finger along his head. I knew right then that I had found my dragon and it was up to me to protect the delicate life that lay in my arms.

(Picture 1 Lily's dragon, Picture 2 Amelia's dragon, Picture 3 Jake's dragon, Picture 4 Luke's dragon.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know that it's quite short but i'm going to update tomorrow as well. I just wanted to say how amazing this is that my story has gone up 100 reads since I updated yesterday. You guys are truely amazing. Thank you.

Love Lily Potter :) x