Flying and Dark Arts

My teacher, whose name I learned was Professor Night, sent me to the dragon sanctuary to put my dragon in the nursery. I was met by dragon handlers who showed me how to feed and look after my little baby. They told me that I was welcome any time and to make sure he doesn't get lonely.

I went to my next lesson which was flying. Some of the class could ride their own dragons but others like me, had baby or young dragons so had to borrow a school one. As I was late to the lesson I had been left with a big old grumpy dragon who looked like he wanted to eat me as a snack. We were all shown how to get on our dragon. Mine shook with anger under me as I landed on his back. I cautiously began to stroke the crest of his emerald green neck and my jaw dropped in surprise as he began to purr.

I held onto the reins attached to his harness and slowly pulled them up as we were shown. With a jolt The old dragons wings flapped and we lifted off of the floor. Pretty soon we got the hang of it, Lift the reins to go higher, lower them to go lower and pull to the left or right to turn. Us dragonclaws were soon racing each other around in the sky and playing tag. All too soon the whistle was blown and we came back down to the ground.

I pulled the harness off the big gnarled dragon and put it on the rack. I walked over to his head that was covered with big twisted scars and began to stroke him, "You're not so bad are you boy? you just want someone to be nice to you." suddenly I heard a deep proud voice in my head.

"Little one I want to thank you, I haven't had so much fun in a long time. You are the first student at this school not to fear me because of the way I look but to give me a chance and show me kindness."

I gasped and kissed his head gently before professor Night came up to me, "You can hear him can't you, you understand him?" I nodded silently."You are gifted child with the power of a dragon whisperer, I trust you to use your power well." With that he walked away and I continued on to my next lesson. Survival was canceled today so we continued on to Dark arts.

We sat down silently and waited for the lesson to begin, not knowing what to expect. "Hello class I am professor Smith and welcome to my class. As you know you are taught both the Dark arts and Defence against the dark arts. This is because we feel that it is important for you to know what dark magic is like and what you're up against. I want you to remember that just because they are called the dark arts it doesn't always mean that they are evil. We will start with a few simple hexes and curses."

Our teacher turned to the board and she wrote on the board PAGE 7. We turned to the page and I saw the vomiting slugs curse. I laughed remembering what my dad told me about uncle Ron and this curse. The teacher put an antidote on the desk and we began.

I pointed my finger at Jake suddenly and used my wandless non-verbal magic to use the curse on him. Mimi and Luke started to laugh as huge slimy slugs fell from his mouth. I quickly ran to get the antidote and poured a little in his mouth. He coughed and spluttered then stood up straight,"That was absolutely horrible, I'm gonna use that on my brother next time he annoys me!"

We practiced on each other until it was the end of the lesson. "Are you coming Lil? We're going back to school."

"Actually I think I'm going to stay here for a while, I'll see you later." They nodded and went together back to Hogwarts. I wondered off, back to the dragon sanctuary to see my little baby. I was glad I'd left Lumos on my bed sleeping now that I was staying at the sanctuary.

I entered the room that the tiny dragon rested in, his head perked up as I entered the room.

"He really likes you," a voice from behind me made me jump. I turned to see an older boy in Durmstrang uniform.

"Gosh you scared me and yeah he hatched earlier just after I found his egg. He's so small!"

"Haha I'm sorry and yes he is very small for now. I'm Mark by the way I'm a fifth year."

"I'm Lily first year, nice to meet you." After that we played with the dragons in the nursery for a bit and then went to dinner. I sat with Mark and his friends Viktor, David and Marcel. They accepted me quickly and it felt like we had been friends forever. They walked me back to the door that led to our common room and we parted ways, promising to meet up on Saturday.

I got back to my room and sat talking to Mimi and Jake. Luke had disappeared and we had no idea where to. The others went to bed whilst I waited up for him. After another hour I slowly drifted off to sleep on the sofa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omg guys we're number 62 in action! I hope you enjoy it!

Love Lily Potter :) x