Chapter 18 ♡

C H A P T E R 18 ♡

Jayden ♡

"Inmate number 9873028366 , you have a visitor." The guard announced opening my cell gate.

I nodded and stood up.

"Who is it?" I questioned him confused.

Since I've been here I haven't had one visit. My own mother and father basically disowned me, my sister is disgusted by me, and I haven't heard from Aubrey since I last seen her at her house.

"It's your lawyer." The guard said sternly before clutching my arm a little too tight and dragging me to a private room.

"Ouch." I mumbled as he dug his finger nails into my skin.

"You wouldn't be here if you had raped my daughter. You would've been lying in a ditch somewhere." He told me before shoving me in the private room and slamming the door shut.

I rubbed the sore spot on my arm before looking up at who I think is my lawyer.

"Hello Jayden. I'm your lawyer Tom Sawyer. Your mother sent me." He introduced himself as he held out his hand.

You'd think my mother would just leave me here to rot but it seems like she has some type of heart.

"It's nice to meet you, Tom." I stated shaking his hand.

"Take a seat." He said gesturing towards the chairs and tables set up in the middle of the room.

I nodded my head and went over to a chair to sit.

"How have you been?" He asked with a rather cheerful look on his face.

I mean mugged him. "How do you think I've been?"

He chuckled. "Sorry about that."

I rolled my eyes and remained silent.

"Well, I've got some great news. I read through your case and I have to tell you that this is a easy one. It's been several months since the rape happened and there's no evidence at all." He explained to me catching my attention.

"Wait, so does that mean that there is no case?" I questioned him leaning over the table.

"There is a case but not enough to go off of. It's your words against hers. Since she took so long to report the rape that means that you won't be going to jail. You're gonna be a free man soon." He said with a smile on his face.

I don't know whether to be happy or to be mad.

Even though I won't be going to jail everyone already knows what I did. I'll be the laughing stock of the whole town. I would never fulfill my dream of becoming a basketball player. My life is already over.

I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Why aren't you happy?" He asked me with confusion written all over his face.

"What's gonna happen to me after this? I'll still be known as the guy that raped Aubrey." I stated.

"Trust me, if you go off free from this everyone will believe that she's a liar. Whether you raped her or not you're gonna get off free." He explained making me nod my head.

"As long as I'm free, that's all that matters."

***
Aubrey ♡

"Wake up." I poked Dacian's lip as he slept with his eyes open again.

I was having a full on conversation with him to find out ten minutes later he was sleeping with his eyes open.

He didn't bother to move as I poked his lip repeatedly.

"Wake up." I sung trying another method to wake him up by grabbing his butt.

As soon as I grabbed his butt he jumped up.

"What the hell was that?" He yelled pacing the room.

I busted out laughing as he paced with a pissed face.

"Calm down, I was just trying to wake you up." I giggled sitting up on the bed and grabbing his hand as he tried to walk past me.

"Don't ever touch my butt. That's something you do not touch." He said sternly making me giggle.

"Awww I'm sorry baby." I said making him shake his head.

"It's not funny." He returned cracking a smile.

"You were sound asleep and jumped out of the bed when I touched your butt." I said laughing at him.

A few seconds later he started laughing with me too.

"Shut up." He sat next to me on the bed and slapped my thigh.

We heard a knock on the door interrupting our moment.

"Honey, it's me." I heard my mom's voice come through the door.

"Come in." I instructed.

A few seconds later she came into my room.

"I have something important to tell you." She said seriously.

"What?" I questioned with a straight face.

"Your lawyer just called and he told me that it would be almost impossible to make a case. I'm sorry baby but there isn't enough evidence." She explained to me making me look at her in shock.

"What are you talking about? He raped me. He can't just get away with it!" I snapped getting out of the bed.

"Well you reported the case so late, there's not enough evidence to prosecute him." She told me with a sad look in her eye.

"I didn't report it late! I reported it a day after it happened but no one believed me. No one ever believes me. If anything it's the police fault for not believing me the first time. This can't happen! They can't just let him go free." I stated bursting into tears.

I feel like no one cares about what happened to me and they're just willing to let him go free.

"I'm so sorry sweetie." She said before exiting my room.

I shook my head as I sat in tears on my floor.

I felt Dacian's arms wrap around my body as I snuggled in closer to him.

No words were exchanged. Just thoughts going wild.

___________________________
Sorry for the late updates guys.

What do you guys think about Jayden going free?
Comment below
Vote please
Comment vote follow

Originalcreations ✨