Naked bitter past...

Past opens itself.

When we entered the dining room everyone sat around the table. I wasn't sure if I wanted all the people around me, I just wanted it to be me, Aqua and Mrs. Smith.

"Can we just go inside the room and have this conversation; I'm not very comfortable out here."

"It's ok Emy, we are family. Besides everyone here knows you right?"

I was not exactly in a mood to argue so I just nodded yes though I was very unsure about being an open book to everyone when I myself did not know what my past has been. Aqua came forward and handed me the frame. It was a group picture of my mother Kayla, Harry and my father Corby. I kept looking at the picture and could not help but notice how happy the three were together.

I looked up at them and asked "Why were you hiding the frame from me?"

Aqua and Mrs. Smith gave each other a confirming nod and looked at me with a determination that made me feel a little funny in my stomach, this surely something very big that is coming to me now.

"Well Ems, you have been in foster care ever since you were born you know that much. But what you do not know is that.... You have been living with people who knew your parents or I must say friends and family of your parents."

I gave Mrs. Smith a look that said 'I don't really get what you are trying to tell me.'

"Harry is my brother" she ended.

"WHAT?" I literally shouted.

Great just great the two ladies who are really close to me and are like a mother figure to me are the sisters of my biological father and my father to whom my mother got married. What the hell is happening in my life!

"Ems listen to me we were worried about you and so we kept you with people who are family for the foster care. I know we should have told you everything before but we were not ready. We were not prepared ourselves to pour all of this on you."

I just looked at them with sadness creeping in my eyes thinking that they all knew about everything and yet they kept it to themselves and never even bothered to tell me. I again glanced at the frame in my hand and looked up directly into Aqua's eyes and said, "I want to have all my answers right here, right now. You are no more going to hide anything from me...I have given all of you enough time now. I AM PREPARED to listen to the bitter truth and to accept it"

May be I said it with too much determination though I wasn't sure whether I was prepared for everything but I was tired of waiting.

"Ok, we will tell you."

I nodded to them.

"Corby and Kayla met at the high school that is of course because of me" said Aqua.

"Mitchy was my best friend then and Kayla had just moved to river town." (Mitchy was Mrs. Smith's first name.)

"When we met Kayla we automatically had a connection with her and became great friends with her in a matter of two days. We loved her company and she was a very kind person. Corby had fallen for her just when he saw her for the first time. He wasn't a player but he sure knew what affect he had on girls. Harry was his best buddy. Both Harry and Corby were a year elder to us. Harry though looked really handsome... well he was....hey Emy promise me you won't freak out at this."

I gave her an unsure smile because I was so unsure about everything that was happening and nodded.

She in return gave me a weak smile and said, "Harry was autistic."