House of secrets.

When I entered the cottage I was absorbing everything in. There was so much in the house that seemed so... different. Everything was covered up under white sheets. " Emy, do you want to have ice tea?" I heard Aqua say. But I was busy looking at a picture of somebody, a man, on the wall. It was someone I have never seen. But the picture was hanging in my mother's room, it was strange how some of my features matched his, it was strange how I felt connected to him already. "Emy?", Aqua entered the room with confusion plastered on her face. I turned towards her and asked, "who is this man?" Aqua stood in front of me, stunned. I saw tears forming in her eyes, she was fighting them. "Aqua?" I asked concerned. "You need not answer me so soon, it's ok.." I was cut off by her words "He's Corby, my brother" I stood there looking at her, my eyebrows came together in confusion. " Emy, let's go and sit in the living room and talk about this, Esthar will help me out with this, I'll be strong with him and tell you something really, really important that you need to know." I nodded yes and we started towards the living room.

Sarah and Troy were in the dining room enjoying their donuts and subway. Esthar entered the living room as soon as Aqua called for him. I could already feel the tension built up between all of us in the room. The air felt thick, even though there was ventilation and cool breeze coming in the room from the window I was suffocating from the thickness and tension surrounding us. I saw Aqua now literally crying as she started talking to me. She held on Esthar's hand, he tried to comfort her. "Emy, your mother Kayla was my best friend, you know it already. She loved Corby and Corby loved her too." She stopped and looked into my eyes so intensely. I could now link myself with Corby already...I guess, he was my father. " Corby was your biological father" she said at the same time when I declared it in my mind. My eyes popped out, I was staring at Aqua dumbfounded. Esthar smiled at me and confirmed what I heard was right. She then said " Corby was a year older to us, but they loved each other passionately and they shared a wonderful relationship together, that was until we came to know about..." now I saw her literally crying hard. I stood up and said "Aqua you don't need to do this to yourself!" I could feel tears build up in my own eyes, I could not see Aqua that way. Esthar suddenly said "Aqua leave it on me, I'll say it" Aqua nodded.

"Emy, Corby was a nice man, he was very happy to know about Kayla being pregnant for you... he celebrated it at the high school. I had never seen him this happy ever in my life. But he knew he could not take care of you or your mother." There was a pause. "After your mother conceived you Corby was detected with brain tumor, he didn't have time. He wanted your mother to live a dignified life.." at this point I cut him " he asked her to marry Harry, the man in this picture" I pulled it out from my clutch, I always carried the picture with me. Esthar nodded yes. Aqua looked at me in sympathy. I was soaking all this in me. "For now this enough for her... I think she should take rest" said Aqua. I was staring at the picture of my mother Kayla and the man Harry.

Harry is not my father. Who is he then? Did he really die? Did he just leave my mother in misery? What happened to him?!

"You will get all your answers soon Emy, for now all you need to know is that Harry was a great man and he was by your mother's side till his last breath" said Aqua as if she could read all the questions that came in mind. I just glanced at her when she said that and back at the picture.

So he died too. But... how, why?

2 hour later...

We were all sat on the sofa and chatting. After getting the piece of knowledge I was shocked and quite for long, but I was already used to so much unexpected happening to me that I returned my real self back again in not long time. I did cry thinking about my father having such a death and my mother have to lose her soul mate. But then I thought maybe she did not lose him, because she was already with him there looking at me right now, most probably admiring Aqua to tell me the truth, but it was all past, I know I had to know about it sooner or later...but I can't live with my past forever right?

**ding dong**

The cottage had an ancient bell. Well everything out here was pretty old. I went to open the door. There stood two guys one looked around my age while the other, huh he too looked my age. I looked at them confused and vice versa until Esthar came "Hey boys! Finally you are here" . I turned to Esthar giving him a, who-the-hell-are-they look. We all just went inside the living room.

I couldn't help but notice how good both the guys looked. One of them looked similar to Esthar, that's when it struck me it must be Tristan. He had black short hair and black eyes, he was tall around 6 ft. he was wearing a black shirt and a grey trouser. He wore sneakers. He had a well built body on which any girl would die , his creamy white skin was too appealing to me. (uhm great now I am actually checking him out). That's when another guy standing besides Tristan interrupted my checking out moment and said "You would have a better sight over here, this guy besides me is anyways booked"

Now why do every hot guy need to be already booked (like Tristan) or a player like whoever this man standing here is!

I didn't realize blood streaming my cheeks until Tristan pinched them and said "You're cute when you blush" and he smiled. " I am Tristan and he is Blake" he said. I smiled and introduced myself to both the guys. Blake turned towards me and asked me straight forwardly, " Will I ever get to date you?" to which I just didn't know how to reply somehow his teasing tone didn't irritate me. But before I planned to reply him he said " It's ok baby doll, here I am just kidding don't get scared and run away from me, it seems you are too shy, are you not used to meeting people?, Aqua already informed us that you were coming and you have lived in foster care so we totally understand"

This was so sweet, both Blake and Tristan were being so good to me, I felt so great and thought they'd be great friends. I finally spoke up "hmm you heard right I have been living in foster care all my life, but that helped me to become more confident, I am used to meeting new people, it's just on the first day I soak things into my skin so I know people around me well, I know Aqua and Esthar but I m meeting you all for the first time." Both the guys smiled at me and said in unison "You should definitely join our gang", I chuckled at them. Tristan said "well that's because you, umm well..." I cut him mid-sentence and asked "Did Aqua tell you'll to add me"

Why can't I hide my emotions, they don't need to know I am disappointed at their sudden change in mood while explaining me why did the suddenly declare me to be in their so called gang!?!

"No baby doll, we select our gang members personally" Blake said with a smirk. Tristan nodded confirming it to me. It seems that they were already so much fond of me because they heard so much about me. I had already started liking their company and Blake was already calling me his best friend. Wow I know this was happening so fast.

We all chatted for some more time and Sarah showed me some of her dance routines. Troy was an amazing singer, Tristan joined Troy in his song, they both sung really well. After all the chatting and fun that we had we went for our dinner which was again amazing. Aqua cooked so well, not as great as Mrs. Smith but she did have great flavors in her food.

** After dinner**

" Emy?" Aqua called me. I turned to look at her. All the guys took away my baggage and went home, I wanted to stay back and feel my parent's presence some more time. Aqua waited along with me. I had a few tears in my eyes. I never saw my parents but there was this strange connection with them that I would still miss them. Aqua looked at me with sympathy filled in her eyes and she hugged me, I hated sympathy towards me but at that moment her hug just melted me. "Emy, whatever happened, happened for a reason. God surely has better plans for you in life that's why you had such a life." I smiled at her. "May I ask you something Aqua?" I asked. "Sure darling you may" she said. "Who was Harry?" I asked her. "Harry was Corby's best friend. We all knew that he loved Kayla but Kayla always had loved Corby." That's all that she said. " Emy slowly you will get all your answers, you need to be patient. We can't just pour everything upon you." I looked at her and then I started looking out of the window and said "I understand". "We should probably go now" she said. I agreed to her and gave a last glance to Corby and then to my mother's room. We headed down towards Aqua's SUV and then we were on our way to home.

Picture of Esthar>>

Please vote comment and share!

~Niviaaru~