Chapter Twenty-One

Jasmine

I woke up coughing, I smelt smoke. I quickly jump up. Glancing around I notice the flames engulfing me. I grab my phone and cover my mouth. I open my door and see the whole house is burning, I run down the stairs.

I tried to go to the front door but it's blocked by the flames. I run to the back door but it had so much fire by there, there was no way I will be getting out. I started coughing from inhaling the smoke.

Lots of questions ran through my head How did my house catch on fire? Where is my family? Is everyone ok? Am I going to die? I fell to the ground in the middle of the room. I started crying, then I heard a bunch of glass break and some body yell my name. I look up, it was Jason, I quickly got up and ran towards him, he was at the window.

"Jump through it." Jason yell

Things behind me began falling and cracking.
"I can't there's to much fire." I yelled

A pole fell behind me blocking me from going back. I jump startled at the sound of everything falling.

"Trust me you'll be fine." Jason yelled

More things began to fall, I heard our bookshelf fall to the ground.

"What about my family?" I yelled

"They left they didn't know you came home." Jason yelled

My house began to shake and a piece of the floor upstairs came crashing down. This doesn't make since why is this happening?

"Trust me, ok?" Jason yelled

I nodded my head and I jump out the window. I landed right into Jason arms. My house came crashing down, I kept coughing and crying. I look like a hot mess right now. I hug Jason tightly and cried into his chest. Jason hug me back and stroke my hair. After like five minutes I watch my house burn to the ground, I heard police and fire truck sirens.

"Come on, we gotta go." Jason said

I nodded my head against his chest. We snuck to his car avoiding the police. We got in Jason drove off passing by the police. Soon we arrived at this hotel place called Treasure Island. It looked really big and expensive. I guess this is where he staying at.

I got out the car, my heels clicking against the ground. I follow Jason all the way to the elevator. Jason was acting really strange, we step in Jason push the 10th floor. The doors close, as we started going up, Jason slowly inch his way towards. When the door open Jason literally drag me out the elevator.

We walk room 1279. He pull the card to open the door. He open the door letting me go in first. The room had nice view of the city and this big glass window plus a larger bed, bathroom and it has a living room. I took a seat on the bed, it was soft. Jason did the same but he turned on the television. I started wondering how my house caught on fire.

"Jason." I said

"What?" Jason asks

"How did my house catch on fire?" I ask

He lick his dry lips and he look me for a minute then look away.

"Please tell me." I said

"I don't know how." Jason said