Chapter 15:

Chapter Fifteen

I stifled a humorless laugh. “Wow, Claire is so scared of you.” I said sarcastically, but deep in the deepest of my mind, I was really scared of him. Its like, all the words that is from his lovely mouth comes true. After all, he is Adrian Willow the great. But there’s no way that I’m going to show him that I was terrified of his words.

“You should be,” I swallowed an imaginary lump on my throat, before laughing; a nervous one this time.

“Why should I? Are you going to eat me alive?” My joke seems to humor him in a different way. I heard his chuckle went louder.

He finally faced me, of course with a smug look on his face. Seriously, what is his problem? He got Selene, I got my Kale so what the hell is with him? “No,” he said. “I eat pussies. Like yours.” He then smirked at me.

I stared at him with horror, my mouth hanging open. No words threaten to come out of my mouth so I raised my right fist and smacked him straight on his face. “Man whore,” I managed to say at him, but I was almost out of breath.

“Sure,” he wiped the corner of his mouth, as if there was blood there.

“I hate you to death,” I mumbled at him. This time, I was pretty sure that he’s the one that I hate and not I. This conceited jerk had hit me on my nerves and I don’t know what to do with him because he is just plain mysterious and stupid and I just hate it!

“You do?” he faked hurt when he finally composed himself with my punch. I don’t think he believed that I hated him. Sure you do, my sarcasm said to me. I quickly brushed the thought away from my head. “Of course not,” he then wiggled his eyebrows, definitely to tease me more because he could already sense my irritation.

I shot him a dirty look. “I do hate you, so shut up before I kick your groin and you wouldn’t be able to reproduce your own species.” Honestly, I was a little surprised that I could even crack a joke because I am certainly annoyed for now just by looking at the naughty smirk of his.

“Our species,” he joked, which just added a thousand liters and a billion kilos of exasperation to my blood.

His joke makes me want to smack his face again, this time using my left fist so I could smack the right side of his face. That would be fucking great.

“You’re unbelievable,” I muttered. “How could you even try to be funny in this situation where I want to kill you? And you’re even joking about us reproducing? Yuck.”

Adrian looked at me like I was some girl who was trying to act like a prude. “Sure it’s gross,” he said sarcastically. “I always knew that you have your own definitions and ‘yuck’ is your definition of hot, right?”

“In your dreams,” I spoke with a really irritated tone. “And I definitely wouldn’t do that thing with you.”

“Why would I dream of it if I know that it would happen?” I gasped at his reply. “Besides, be careful with your choice of words. You might choke when you eat all of them.”

And that was the time when I couldn’t handle my infuriation. My back immediately faced him as I walked towards the door, leaving him and his self-satisfied look.

I could his footsteps behind me as I walked like a tornado on the cream-painted walls of the hallways. Almost every student of this high school were probably looking at me like I was from a mental or something, but I could care less. I was really furious with him and his jerky attitude.

“Claire,” I heard him whisper at me and I groaned in frustration. I was almost running so how did he manage to whisper at me? Blame his stupid long legs.

Instead of choosing another pointless argument with him, I practically stopped on my tracks and faced him as I grabbed his hand and twisted it right away.

I was expecting a mock hurt like ‘Ow, really Claire, that hurts’ or ‘Wow, way to injure me’ but I almost shrieked when I help a yelp of sudden pain coming from his mouth.

“Holy shit!” he screamed, making me let go of his hand and took a step back. I checked his hand out, thinking that he was just playing a prank on me but I almost whacked myself when I finally become conscious that I was basically twisting his injured hand. I thought it was healed, since mom and he went to the hospital? I groaned in frustration and in guilt.

He fell (dramatically, I know because I could smell it) on the floor. Even though I know he was partially joking, I sat on the floor next to him because I know that I’d hurt him really bad. “Oh God, I’m so sorry!” My body started to shake involuntary because of fear; terrified if he was hurt so bad that he was going to die—okay, that was a bit over acting but who knows? Maybe it was infected or something that his life is on the verge of—

Stop with your stupid verbal diarrhea because it’s not helping, I cut myself.

He closed his eyes as he lay on the floor. His forehead was ceased and I could tell that the pain was beyond number five on scale. I inched my body closer to him and I held his neck for support, slightly caressing his cheek in a soothing manner.

I was aware of the eyes that were laid on us, but I’ve never gave them my attention. My irritation was now long gone as I silently cursed myself for hurting him.

Adrian didn’t mutter a single word or groan in pain. I moved my face closer to him with my body still trembling to check if he was still breathing.

Shock was an understatement of year, when closed the gap between our faces, crashing his lips into mine in front of many students. I silently thanked God because all of the people here don’t know that he’s my cousin, and I silently cussed myself for being stupid because almost all of them knew that I was dating Kale Andrews, and I was kissing another man.

But no one can blame me. I couldn’t even blame myself for this. I only wanted Adrian, but why the fuck was the fate is like this. Even though I don’t want to admit it now, I’ve always liked Adrian and there’s no doubt that I also have an unexplainable feeling towards Kale. I could fuck myself, like right now.

My mind left the world of cruelty as I kissed him back. I could feel the smile forming on his lips as he kissed me. My hands traveled on his hair, feeling the soft curls on my skin.

As we were currently trapped in our own world, I heard someone coughed, not far from us. We didn’t seem to mind the person who coughed so he spoke, a hint of anger in his voice. A voice that was way too familiar for me. “Clarissa,”

With that, I swiftly removed my mouth from him and stood up, not caring if Adrian fell or what. All I know is that how Kale saw me kissing Adrian—again. It was worse this time, because I was dating him for Pete’s sake!

“I-I,” I stuttered. “Kale, I…” I was not able to finish my sentence as he rushed out of the hallway. I really wanted to cry right now not just because of my stupidity or because of my cheating hormone, but because he already walked out: two times a row.

I looked around and saw different reactions from everyone. Two blonde girls were looking at me like I was sluttier than them, some students just stopped cheering because they wanted a fight and it never happened, and almost all of the guy population was whistling at me. This is such a great scene for the girl who was known to be quiet. Note the sarcasm.

I sighed in defeat and shut my eyes for a moment before looking at Adrian; the smirk on his mouth was back. There was no hint of agony as he looked at me.

“First, you shouted at him, and he walked away,” he said. It was loud enough for me to hear, and for all of them to hear. I grumbled. “Second, he saw us kissing, and he walked away again.”

He smiled in content as I fell silent and just stare at him. “One last chance it is,” he said teasingly. “Three strikes and relationship’s out.”