Chapter 5:

Chapter Five

“Wait, what are you doing here? I thought you were the same age as Adrian?” I asked Kale.

“Yes, I am.” Kale said simply.

“Then what are you doing in a high school building?” My eyebrows furrowed as I ask him, definitely confused.

Even though darkness consumed the room, I still saw his shoulders moved upward before answering, “Following you.”

I gave him a what-the-hell look.  “Oh, I’m so sorry! I just figured out that you’re a stalker. You’re stalking just like what you did two nights ago.” Sarcasm is eating me right now. She must be hungry.

“You’re right, I am stalking you.” He admitted, and from the looks of his face, he is dead serious.

I almost choked the imaginary lump on my throat. My eyes searched for his, and threw a death glare. If he’s stalking me, he must already know what my name is that night. To hell with this guy and he had a nerve to ask me when he scared the crap out of me.

Questions formed inside my head. Why does he know me? Why is he stalking me? Why did he pulled me inside this dark room, and kissed the shit out of me?

“Why do you know me?”  The only question that came out of my mouth was this. Kale plastered a mocking face, probably teasing me for a question that deserves a dumb award.

“Adrian.” He answered.

If he wasn’t holding me, my butt would definitely be having affair with the floor. What is it with Adrian this time? Why is he always on the way? My knees were jelly, and my lips slightly trembling.

“What about him?” I still managed to ask even though my heart went racing.

Kale rolled his eyes. Yuck, he is so gay. I might thought he is really a gay, but he smokes like a—fuck! I just made out with a freaking smoking (not hot) vagabond! Give me water, I’m raging with fire.

He spoke, which made me stop from my thoughts of him smoking. “Adrian says he’s waiting for a girl—his other half. When I saw him went inside a house—your house, I assumed he’s going to be with the girl of his dreams. He always says he’s going to live with that girl someday. So I’m pretty sure he’s talking about you. I was so curious about his other half, that’s why I asked some people to search information about you, and I stalked you. There’s your story, are you happy now?”

The warm blood flowing inside my body went cold. Oh my crucified Christ, this is not happening.

“Of course, it is not me.” I denied. I don’t even know if I should think that the girl Adrian talks about is me. I don’t want to assume, oh my fucking God, it is prohibited. But the thought of Adrian looking at the other girl with so much care, like he used to when we were young, crushes me. Just the thought of it instantly made my eyes watery, and it feels like I’ve been hit by a truck that runs five hundred kilometer per hour (that’s fast).

“I honestly don’t know if it’s you. “ Kale admitted.

“Yeah,” I chuckled a bit. “It’s not me. I am his cousin, what do you expect?”

His face went pale. Did I say something wrong? He shook his head, probably managing to compose himself. “Well, I guess I was wrong. Sorry for stalking you, though.”

I just nodded my head. As I was about to say something, the door creaked open, which sent streaks of light inside the room. My eyes blurred because of the sudden brightness as I roamed around the room. Just as my eyes were finally adjusting from the light, a hoarse voice shouted. “Andrews! Evers!”