Chapter 8:

Chapter Eight

He smiled, a small trickle of laughter leaving his lips. I moved closer to him, lookingup at his kind face that was now bathed in the glow of the kitchen light. I felt a powerful outburst of affection overcoming me. I compulsively reached out and placed my hands on his dimpled cheek. Adrian didn't resist.

With my heart beating heavily, I slowly elevated my by standing on my toes and stared into his green eyes, almost pleadingly, trying to communicate my desire to be consumed by him. He stared back, and apparently understanding my feelings, and stood up to draw closer to me. I closed my eyes, lips parted slightly, awaiting that which I had been longing for.

A few seconds passed before I finally felt his warm lips brush against mine. At that very moment, I felt my passion for him course through my body, causing me to shake uncontrollably. I raised my hands above my head, allowing him to wrap his arms around my waist and hold me tightly as he began to kiss my lips.

I moaned softly, kissing back to the best of my ability. Moments later, I felt his wet tongue slide between my lips. I greeted it with my very own tongue, feeling his moist breath in my mouth.

As we rubbed our tongues against each other, I felt his hands slide down my back and to my bottom. I squirmed playfully as he squeezed my bottom lightly and wrapped my arms around his neck. We kissed passionately, holding each other in our warm embrace, expressing our unspoken desire.

It was as if every ounce of me wanted his lips on mine, to feel his hands as they traced the contour of my body. I pulled away ever so slightly to breathe, trying not to show just how vulnerable I seemed to be. My gaze moved from his shining eyes to his pink lips.

Once more his soft lips were against mine, one hand slowly but surely tangling into my long hair. Each intake of breath was another reminder of what was really happening, his cologne, the way his hands entangled in my hair, pressing my lips against his with a more urgent pace.

After what felt like eons, our mouths finally parted, and our eyes finally met. Before I could have the chance to smile at him, I heard someone very familiar spoke. “I knew it. Clarissa is the girl you’re talking about.”

My face paled while my eyes not able to meet anyone.

“How did you get in here?” Adrian asked Kale. When I finally composed myself, I faced both of them. This is not a cake situation. Adrian and I have to fix this. Oh God, this is not good because someone just saw us making out in the kitchen. In the first place, what am I doing? Why am I making out with him? I hate this!

“You horny cousins forgot to close the door so I got in.” He smirked at us.

Adrian glared at him. “Shut the fuck up. Why are you even here?”

Kale smiled sweetly at me, which gave me goose bumps. “I was planning to give Clarissa something.”

Adrian wrinkled his eyebrows, probably confused. Well, who wouldn’t get confused when I just got home from hanging out with him and it’s not even an hour when I last saw him. Then here he is, planning to give me something.

“What is it?” He asked. Kale just smiled and ordered him to get closer to him. Adrian just obliged.

Before I knew it, Kale’s fist was already connected with Adrian’s cheekbones. Instead of stopping them, I stepped back and watched them in fear. I could not mutter a single word because of the shock I’ve felt.

Adrian jerked back, aside. The blow meant for his jaw whizzed by in a blur of knuckles. From the corner of his eye, he saw Kale’s other arm begin an upward trajectory. He ducked this time, and felt his hair ruffle with the force of it.

Adrian grinned mischievously at him, ignoring the pain in his jaw. “Why are you acting like this, fucker?”

Kale charged again. Adrian sidestepped, whirled to face him. His opponent lunged. He avoided one flying fist, only to collide with another.

The blow glanced off his ribcage, a sharp sting fading fast. In front of him, Kale grinned and jabbed again at his midsection.

“You motherfucker, can’t control your stupid hormones. You’re screwing up Clarissa!” He shouted at Adrian, with his eyes raging with fire.

Adrian shot him a dirty look, and spat at him. “You don’t care. Don’t give a shit about this.”

“I like her,” Kale blurted which made me look at him. “I give a shit.”

Adrian went on the offensive. He clenched his jaw and fists as he lashed out, aiming for Kale’s gut. Kale proved equally effective at defense, and Adrian’s fist met a meaty forearm. He tried again with both hands—one-two, and this time connected.

I guess it felt like punching flesh-covered steel since Adrian’s fists were already injured.

“Stop,” I whispered. “Leave now, Kale. You’ve already done a lot of mess.”

“But Clarissa—“He protested but I just cut him off.

“I was the one who kissed Adrian. Punch me instead.” I said with full of determination.

“No.” Kale disagreed. Adrian just remained silent.

“The way you hurt him, hurts me too.” I explained. He just stared at me.

Kale ran his palm on his face. “Clarissa, didn’t you heard what I said? I like you. Let’s just say that Adrian likes you, too. But it’ll be pointless. You would end up getting hurt.”

“You’re hurting me right now.”

“What?” He asked in confusion.

I looked straight into his hazel eyes. “I am his other half. You hurt him, you hurt me too.”

He sighed heavily. “Clarissa, why are you so stubborn? Look, I am not asking you to like me back. What I was saying is you should stop what you and Adrian were doing! Aren’t you ashamed of yourselves?! He is your fucking cousin!”

I smiled sweetly at him. “You’re ashamed of me? Then you don’t really like me. Now, leave.”

“But—“

I cut him off. “Leave.”

He looked intently to us before rushing out of the kitchen, and out of the house. I looked at Adrian, to check his condition. I grabbed his injured hand and saw that it’s bleeding, but the bandage that I put is still okay, so I guess it’ll still fine.

“Are you alright? You shouldn’t have punched him back. Your knuckles weren’t well.” I scolded him. He just flashed his sweetest smile. I shook my head and found myself smiling too. This is really crazy.

“We should clean up this mess before mom gets home. She’ll beat the shit out of me.” Adrian just nodded at me. Is he really okay? Why isn’t he talking?

“Are you really okay?” I asked him again.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” He finally answered and I sighed in relief.

I was looking through his eyes when I remembered something that made me feel uncomfortable.

One sentence made up of eight words, Adrian froze when I asked him out of the blue. “Do you really know where my father is?”