Chapter 21:

Chapter Twenty-one

I have no idea if Adrian went back to my room last night. All I know is that after he left me, I fell into a deep slumber, wearing nothing. I woke up with the same position I was, and my room was a mess. Well, not messy enough for a teenager, but untidy enough for a girl like me.

I groaned as I curled up into a sitting position. My body felt like it was punched by three guys, or it was like I’ve fallen from the stairs. I just sat on my bed for a couple of minutes, checking if the pain would ease. When my body ache relieved, I finally stood up from my comfy bed.

The first thing I did was to grab the bath robe that was hanging on the front door of my bathroom. I then started to pick up the strewn clothes and stuff on the floor. It’s a good thing my mom doesn’t have a habit of checking me inside my room everyday.

After I tossed the dirty clothes on my bin, I started to walk towards the bathroom and started to freshen myself up.

When I was finally feeling comfortable and refreshed, I made my way downstairs to eat breakfast—or lunch, I suppose. I thought I was going to eat alone again today but I was shocked when I saw Adrian sitting on one of the chairs. He was already wearing his formal attire that made him really hot.

Before I could even sit, he stood up from his current sitting position and started his track towards me. My heart was beating so fast and I swear that was the only thing that I can hear.

He rested his right hand on my left shoulder as his face was slowly getting near mine. I assumed that he was going to kiss me so I shut my eyes, waiting for his lips to claim mine. It took a few seconds for his lips to touch my forehead. Yes, my damn forehead. My eyes snapped open as I ceased my eyebrows.

“What the—?” I said with a confused tone.

He chuckled. “Good morning, too, Claire. I mean, happy lunch time.”

I gave him my mocking face. “Nothing’s good, dimplepid.”

“Whoa, what’s with the gloomy atmosphere?” he jokily asked. Gee, this guy is teasing me. I know that.

“It’s not like you care,” I said irritatingly. Well, isn’t it obvious that I want a kiss? I mean a real kiss? No, I guess not since this guy is stupid.

“Of course I care, baby,” he said with mock hurt and shock.

“Whatever, stupid. What time did mom left?” I changed the topic since I knew that he was going to tease me even more.

“Around eight, as usual.” He said as his hand left my shoulder. He instructed me to sit down and I did.

When I was sat, he spoke. “Little princess, I’m sorry but I was actually an hour late for my work. I was just waiting for you to come down. I don’t want you to feel alone.”

I barely noticed his last statement because what my mind have functioned is that he was an hour late. All just because of me.

“What?! God, you need to go now! You have just started working, for goodness’ sake. Go now, I’m fine.” I commanded him, my voice raising.

“You sure?” he asked and I nodded.

“Yeah,” I assured him. “Go now, okay? Be safe.”

He nodded. “Bye,” he then started to walk out of the kitchen. I hardly heard the sound of his new car (that I’m pretty sure he bought yesterday, I just forgot to mention) leaving the small garage of our house.

It was then that I started to each my lunch. I was in the middle of munching and savoring my lunch, which I’m pretty sure Adrian cooked (this breaded chicken is good, I swear), when I saw a black suitcase sitting on one of the chairs. It was the spot where Adrian was seated earlier.

I knew that the suitcase was important so I’ve decided that I will go to Andrews Corporations building to bring it to Adrian—or maybe visit Kale if he was there.

After I was done eating, I grabbed my phone from my shorts pocket and searched for the exact location of Kale’s company, since I have no idea where it is. When I found the location, I fixed the table then picked up his suitcase and went outside to call a cab. I didn’t bother to change my outfit because the weather is not chilly, plus I look actually fine.

A cab stopped in front of me and I quickly hopped in. I told the driver the location.

I gave the driver one, and I thank God that I have at least single money inserted in my shorts’ pocket since this was the second time that I wore this. I forgot to bring my damned wallet!

I hopped out of the cab and it started to drive away from me. I fixed my hair before I made my way towards the entrance. Gee, the building is massive, I’m telling you.

There was a small smile plastered on my lips (who knows what Adrian’s reaction could be), not before I saw two fuzzy figures inside the building, not too far from me. When I got nearer, I immediately recognized them through the glass doors and windows of the structure. I stopped on my track and I frowned in confusion.

Why is my mom talking to Kale Andrews?