Chapter 1:

Chapter One

I felt the cold air brushed my skin as I walked down the dark streets. I looked at my wristwatch to check the time.  It’s past ten in the evening. If you’re wondering where the hell I came from, I had fun. I went out with my friends because today is the last day of our pre-final examination. This is what I call life.

I was rubbing my hands to produce a little heat because it’s damn cold tonight in the middle of the dread street when I bumped into someone’s chest. The impact made me fell on the hard floor. I shot my head up to say sorry or something, but I when my eye made contact with this particular person, I was tongue-tied. Captivating hazel eyes that made him look like an angel despite the black leather jacket he’s wearing and the visible tattoos around his body.

“Hey, you okay?” he asked with a devilish grin before putting the cigarette in his mouth, which I didn’t notice he was holding. Okay, that was a turn off. I loathe guys who smoke.

“I’m fine.” I say while trying to perk up from the ground. Fortunately, I did it without his help. I think I will freak out when he touch me or something because his fingers smells like cigarette.

“What’s your name, baby?” he asked me again. I rolled my eyes and started to brush off the dirt on my pants with my hands.

“You think I would tell you?” I say to him, still brushing off the dirt.

“I’m Kale.”

I stopped on my track. He has an angelic name. But he looks like a hot goon, so no. I look up to him for the last time and said “I’m leaving.”

Then I ran as fast as I could.

“Young lady, where the hell did you just come from?” Mom asked me the moment I stepped inside the house.

“I just had fun with my friends, mom. It’s the last day of our exams so we should be having fun. What’s for dinner?” I ask while pulling off my shoes and socks.

“Claire, it’s not dinner anymore. It’s late. Just eat some bagels in the kitchen.” She explained.

“Okay.” I said simply.

“I’m going off to bed, Hun. Happy eating.” She said and kissed me on my cheek. I nodded.

“Yup. Night, Mom.” I say as I went into the kitchen. I saw her went upstairs with my peripheral vision.

By the time I went inside the kitchen, I immediately open the fridge to find the stuff that I’m craving to eat. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Where the heck is my Nutella?

My eyes explored the fridge only to find nothing. I slammed the fridge door shut, only to remember that there are some eggs inside. I’m such a peasant; I hope they didn’t crack up.

I opened one of the kitchen cabinets and grabbed some Lay’s instead. This is so much for a midnight snack. I sat down the chair and ripped the plastic to open this pack of potato chips. I was literally shoving the chips inside my mouth when I noticed something familiar on the trash bin. In just a snap, I was kneeling in front of the trash bin and mourning over an empty jar of Nutella. Who the hell ate my precious chocolate spread? I’m sure it’s not mom. Mom doesn’t even like the taste of it!

I sat up as my nose became aware of the stinky smell of shits. Oh God, what an idiot I am. I opened the fridge again and shoved the remaining chips inside. I know I won’t be able to eat that in the morning because it would probably become pliable, but nobody cares. I’m not in the mood. I took a pitcher of water and drank on it directly. Don’t tell mom.

When I finished drinking, I ran upstairs. I decided to change my clothes because I already stink from the previous activities I had with my friends. When I catch up to my room, I immediately removed my top, without turning the lights on or shutting the bedroom door close. I didn’t bother to close it because I know it’s just me and my mom inside the house.

I swiftly removed my pants. I can still see my leg because of the light coming outside the room. I grabbed some pajamas from my closet and put it on immediately.  I was about to unclasp my bra when I caught a slow movement on my bed. My heart started to pound, asking myself who could it be.  I blinked my eye, trying to clear my vision. My attempt failed so I opened the door wide and let more light hit the room.

I was caught off-guard when my gray eyes met his green eyes. I saw something in his lustrous eyes that I couldn’t explain. His tousled hair made him hotter than before. Perfectly sculpted mouth with a smirk plastered on it. Those dimples made him cheeky, but mysterious at the same time. My heart feels like it’s going to pop out of my ribcage.

“Adrian,” I say when I finally managed to compose myself. Adrian smirked.

“That was a hot show, Claire. Aren’t you going to remove your bra now?” he asked, smug look still obvious in his pretty face. It was then the reality snapped in me. I was half naked, in front of freaking Adrian Willow.

I quickly ran to get some top on my cabinet. My hands were trembling while pulling out a shirt. When I finally pulled it out, I immediately wore it. I breathed a heavy sigh before turning to face him.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Baby, ‘ya didn’t miss your big bud?” he asks, emphasizing the word ‘bud’.

“Of course I did! It’s just that, what the freaking hell are you doing inside my room?”

“Baby, I was ‘sleeping’ when you came in. I decided not to talk when you didn’t notice my presence. And then all I know is you were stripping off.” He wiggled his eyebrows to annoy me. Unfortunately, I was really getting annoyed.

“Shut up, Adrian.” I say, gritting my teeth. I was not supposed to be affected by him.

“You don’t need to be so shy, Claire. I know you like me.”

I really want to brush off the smug look in his freaking face. Why does someone have to look like an angel when they’re really not? I suddenly remembered that Kale guy. I bet he’s like Adrian, an angelic-looking devil.

“Shut the fuck up, Adrian.” I almost shout at him.

“Whoa, what’s with the sudden change of mood? I’m just stating a fact here. Remember two years ago when you said ‘I li—“

“Shut the fuck up, Adrian! I said shut up! That doesn’t mean a thing okay?! I just like you as a cousin, understand?!” I blurted out. I was really getting angry at him. Why does he have to bring up that topic?

He smiled a conceited one.

“Your wish is my command, cousin.”