Chapter 10:

Chapter Ten

He chuckled as I playfully slapped his forehead to break the uncomfortable silence forming between us. Of course I’ve heard his words clearly, but I have to make him think that I don’t take his words seriously. To be honest, I don’t know where I have gotten the courage to touch him. His words really caught me off guard, not because I wasn’t expecting those words to come from his mouth, but because part of me wants to say yes, and part of me doesn’t want to. I just don’t know.

“No, you can’t.” I tried to joke even though my throat went dry. I smiled playfully at him.

“Are you serious?” He said with his signature smirk.

“No, my name is Severus.” I gave him a weird look while cracking a Harry Potter joke. Actually, I just heard this joke from my friend and I don’t know if it’s really funny but I almost drooled while laughing when she told me this.

“Oh Gosh, it’s so funny. Please give credits to J. K. Rowling.” He joked back.

I laughed, not because of his joke, but because he knew Rowling. “Hey, I think there’s something you haven’t told me yet.” I wiggled my eyebrows at him.

“What?” Kale asked.

“Are you, by any chance, a fan of Harry Potter?” I teased him. Well, I actually find it cool for a boy to read about witchcraft and stuff like Harry Potter. If he actually reads it, I think I’ll like him even more. Wait; did I just say ‘even more’?

Kale scratched the back of his neck, not able to look at my eyes. I also noticed the sudden change of the color of his face, and I find it cute. Wow, the bad boy just blushed?

“Oh my Gosh! I can’t believe it,” I squealed at him. After acting like a five year old girl, I moved my head closer to him, so close that our breath almost mingled. “Are you gay? Well, no offense but I just heard you and your ‘oh gosh’ earlier. You can trust me, I won’t tell momma.” I whisper as I wink at him.

He tapped my forehead, making me wince. “Ow.”

“Call your momma, like the fuck I would care. Do I look like I’m gay?” He said seriously. I immediately withdrew my head, putting distance between our faces. I am not letting him tap my forehead again because I really have large hands and his tap actually pains me.

“I know! I was just joking; you need to calm your tits.” I grinned at him.

He laughed, and I did as well. After a couple of minutes, he stopped laughing and his expression went back to the smokingpid him. Really serious, I mean.

“What?” I asked, raising my eyebrow.

“I am not asking for your permission to court you. I want you to be my girl, and it’s a statement,” He said with a voice filled with determination. “When you’re ready, call me, text me or face me. Just a single ‘yes’ and I’m yours. It’s automatic.”

I sighed, not knowing what to do.

“You are not serious.” This sentence came out of my mouth without connecting it to my brain.

“Yes, I am.”

I sighed for the nth time this day. I look at him straight in the eye. “Okay, you have my word.” I finally said.

He smiled sweetly, so sweet that the ants may eat him. Shit, I am too corny.

“Be my girlfriend?” He asked again, but I know he’s not serious this time. I can sense it in his voice. I smiled mischievously at him, riding his joke. Thank God the tension between us was gone.