ch.71 One Direction

The truck jolted to a halt. I jerked forward.

“Sorry” he apologized and rubbed his belly, which had poked into the steering wheel.

I glared at him.

“Baby’s hungry” he told me and he patted the truck.

I looked out the window and saw that we were outside a gas station.

“Are you hungry, too, honey?” he asked casually.

I shook my head “no.”

“Well, you should probably get some air, you look a little sick” he advised carefully.

I almost laughed. Sick? I was past sick. I was completely hopeless, pissed, heart-broken, the list goes on and on…

The man opened my door and motioned for me to go to the bathroom or at least stand outside.

“I have strict orders from your sister saying I need to keep an eye on you” he laughed as if telling a joke.

I glared at him.

“Said you might run away from your fiancé cause you’ve got commitment issues” he patted my shoulder and looked down at my hand, expecting a ring.

When I just continued to stare at him, he gave me a weird look and started filling the gas tank.

I teetered towards the bathrooms and gripped the sink with both hands. I looked up and nearly fell back.

I grabbed my hair in fistfuls and my fingers trembled.  Blonde? Blonde! She dyed my goddamn hair!

Oh, God.

I took slow, deep breaths and splashed the murky water in my face, hoping to wake myself from this nightmare. I passed out. I passed out, that’s all, I tried to convince myself. But my heart was beating out of my chest and my head was spinning faster than a Merry-Go-Round.

I ran out of the bathroom and plopped down on the ledge of the building. I stuffed my face in my hands to muffle my tears.

“Wanna cig?” a hoarse voice asked.

I turned slowly to see a girl about my age. Her platinum blonde hair was dirtied with black stains from her running mascara. Her dress was tattered and she looked like she hadn’t slept in weeks. Her grey eyes blinked at me.

I swallowed hard.

Becky.

“A-Angie?” she mumbled as she leaned closer to me.

I nodded.

“W-what happened? Are you ok? …Is Harry ok?” she asked cautiously.

I glared at her.

“NO. I am NOT ok. Harry is happy as hell and I’m about to shipped to hell” I growled.

She stared at me in horror.

“Angie, what happened?” she asked quietly as she reached for my hand. She looked down, expecting the ring she had predicted Harry to give me, but she didn’t see it.

I pulled my hand away.

“Angie, I know I screwed up, but you, you and Harry” Becky shook her head and looked straight into my eyes.

“You and Harry can’t just- stop. You love him and he loves you more than air” she declared and she started to stand up.

I stared at her.

“Look, I know you probably wish I was with Liam… dead, but if I do anything right in all the years I’ve known you, I’m going to do it now” she stated bluntly.