ch.68 I know

My jaw hung open like a door hinge after being slammed open and shut a few times.

I had a bad feeling about Gabriella the moment I saw how much she looked like me, but now, now I just wanted to gouge those hazel eyes out with Harry’s pen, his hard metallic pen, not the one Gabriella wanted to taste so damn badly.

“Aren’t you coming?” Gabriella asked me kindly as Niall passed by and glanced at us momentarily.

I stood up slowly. She grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

Niall watched me for a moment. I stared at him with wide eyes, hoping he of all the boys would be able to sniff out the rat under Gabriella’s seemingly innocent body.

“You alright, Angie?” he asked and he looked at me. He could tell the difference between me and this she-devil even faster than Harry.

Gabriella tightened her grip and kissed my cheek.

“She is good doing” she smiled through her fake teeth.

Niall ignored her and patted my shoulder.

“You sure? You look like you’ve just seen the ghost of Christmas past” he laughed cautiously. I knew he smelled something was up, but he was smart enough not to say anything in front of Gabriella.

Gabriella eyed me sternly.

“Yeah, yeah” I nodded.

Gabriella led me down to the kitchen. She helped wash the dishes and clear the table all while grinning at me.

“Oh, Gabby, you don’t have to help Angie, she’s got it” Danny smiled at her.

I glared at him.

He stared back, urging me to tell Gabriella to sit down.

“Gabriella” I grumbled. “I’ve got it, thanks”

Danny nudged my side.

“Make yourself at home” I spoke quickly, knowing all too well that she would make her fake ass real comfortable, real soon.

“Thank you, kind Angela” she curtseyed and winked at me.

She walked over to where Harry sat on the couch with Tony and Zayn. She sat right smack between them and Harry scooted away carefully. She made some kind of joke and Zayn laughed. Harry swallowed hard.

She leaned close and whispered something in his ear. Harry looked at me and started to get up, but the she-devil reached for his shoulder and made sure to feel along his arm before sitting him back down.  

I dropped the plate I was holding.

“Angie” Danny raised his voice. I looked down and saw that I had broken the plate. It shattered into a thousand gold beads, like grains of sand.

I cursed under my breath. It was from dad’s fancy set. I tried to glue the chunks back together, but it was no use. It was broken, broken the way this family had been for years and now we were scrunched together. It was only a matter of time before our façade of closeness shattered again.

“God, he’s delicious” the devil hissed by my ear. I nearly dropped another plate. I set the dishes down and turned to face her carefully.

“You’ve got about two seconds to go back to wherever the hell you came from before I ship you off myself” I threatened.

She blinked, confused by more brief authority. Then she played with a strand of her hair.

“Oh, but I haven’t had my fun yet” she winked as she waved at Harry. Harry looked over at us and then down at his drink.