ch.60 Fix you

"There has to be some other possibility" Harry shook his head stubbornly.

"The 20th of April or the 19th of February. Anything. Anything!" Harry raised his voice and Jordan grasped her cliboard infront of her chest for protection.

I just stood there with my mouth slightly ajar as every breath of hope and happiness slithered out of me.

"I-I'm sorry, there really is nothing I can do" Jordan apologized. She had no idea what was wrong with the 21st of March, but she was smart enough to know not to ask questions when Harry's eyes shined and his jugular pulsed out of his neck.

Harry's fist clenched around my hand. If he could, he would have grabbed Jordan's calender and forced the dates to change just from the sheer power of his beautifully sturdy hands. But he couldn't. He knew that and it frustrated him even more.

Jordan took a hesitant step back and walked clamly, but hurriedly to her desk, which was a sturdier shield from her measley clipboard.

"Harry" I mumbled as I touched his ring on my finger. 

Harry looked down at me as if having forgotten I was there. 

"Baby, I'll get this fixed. Don't worry. I'll get this fixed" Harry told me over and over. If his fists didn't do the trick, he knew his words had to have some power.

But they didn't. 

I shook my head softly. I didn't want him to fix anything. We couldn't cheat death twice and steal happiness. We just coudn't and the moment we realized that is the moment we can move on...

"Harry, please take me home" I asked of him just before my voice cracked.

Harry nodded and he walked me to the lobby where we had left Gemma and Danny. We reached in his pocket to get something, so I turned the knob.

I heard a gasp escape my lips- or Danny's. 

I took a half step in and saw that Gemma was practically sitting in Danny's lap, whispering something in his ear as she patted the napkin near his groin, even though the tea stain was near his knee. 

Danny looked hungrily at Gemma's neck and no doubt had a good view down her chest.

Then he saw me walk in and he jerked up. He grabbed Gemma by her waist and lifted her off his lap as if she were a tiny, but powerful doll he wished to admire...and then undress later.

I just smiled ever so slightly and looked down at Danny's hands, which were still holding Gemma's waist.

Danny pulled his hands back and stuck them in his pockets.

Harry looked at the smile on my face and was confused. Then he glanced up at Gemma and Danny, who stood side by side.

Danny looked like a school boy nearly caught by his teacher for getting cooties. "Lover Boy" might as well have been plastered over his now very soft and rosy cheeks. 

Gemma was completely calm and nonchalant. 

I heard Harry's jaw click. He looked about ready to smack the guilty, awkward smirk off of Danny's face, but he hadn't seen what I had seen, so thankfully, he had no evidence to go off of.

"So how was it?" Gemma asked casually. 

I cleared my throat as the real problem at hand came running back to mind.

"21st" I mumbled.

"The 21st of March" I spoke up.

Gemma blinked, unsure what was wrong with the 21st. But Danny knew and he rushed over to me and held me at arms length.