ch.24 Confession

**GO BACK AND READ THE ADDITION I MADE TO THE LAST CHAPTER**

My phone vibrated, waking me from my nightmare where Harry had left and I was now with Liam.

I looked at my phone.

“I’m gonna break up with Becky…then I’m taking you out ;) ” -Liam

I threw my phone on the floor. The nightmare was real. It was so, so real. I pulled the covers up over my head, hoping I could return to some nice fairytale fantasy where Harry was back and I wasn’t a hopelessly confused idiot.

***

Danny watched me eat breakfast as if I was some kind of alien species.

“What?” I asked him rudely.

He gulped down his coffee.

“Angie, what happened?” he asked quietly. There was even a ting of despair and sadness in his voice.

I shrugged my shoulders.

“Why does it matter?” I asked him. Point A had gotten me to point B, so who cares about point A now?

I took another spoonful of cereal and watched Danny this time.

He shook his head slowly, trying to wrap his mind about me and Harry being together in the first place and now us being broken up.

“But- but he loves you” Danny muttered even more quietly, like he was revealing a secret that only I could know.

I shook my head.

“No, he doesn’t” I corrected him.

“Yes, he does Angela and you better talk to him before he does something stupid to himself” Danny warned me.

I was quiet a minute.

“Loved” I spoke up. “Past tense” I reminded him and then I put my dishes in the sink and waited for Golden Boy to come and remind me how much of an idiot I was.

Danny stared at me and took a deep breath.

Why does he even care if Harry and I are together? Didn’t he hate that I even liked boys to begin with?

***

I sat in my room and stared at the words “coward” and “idiot” as they ran from my imagination and smeared their filthy names across my blank walls.

I folded my hands in my lap and tried to contain the urge to inflict some sort of physical pain to myself. The emotional pain was too much to bear that I just felt nothing at all. But the physical, that was easier to deal with. 

So I went over to my bed and threw my pillow over my head, pulling down enough to make breathing difficult and bring my asthma back.

Then I sat upright and tried to run through my list of friends and family. Everyone at graduation: Danny, Niall, Tony, Zayn, Becky, and-and Harry.

Becky, I repeated in my head.

She’s the only one that doesn’t know and if I can get to her and tell her the truth, maybe she won’t shun me like everyone else.

I walked over to Becky’s place and knocked on her front door.

A few shouts and curses sounded from inside and I bit down on my lower lip: Kendra is home.

The door swung open.

A woman with long bleached blonde hair rubbed the bit of smudged mascara from her eyes.

Then she blinked once or twice and glared at me.

“What do you want?” she interrogated and I could smell the Tequila on her breath.