ch.47 Blind

I had about a thousand questions and pleads to go through with Becky, but the silence Harry kept up was terrifying to want to break.

Becky stared out the window and tugged at her fishnets and her skin-tight tube skirt.

I wanted to tell Harry to let her stay with us the night, in case she tried to go out onto the streets again. Plus, I wasn’t about to let her go back home to her monster of a role model- but I didn’t need to say it aloud.

Harry looked at me and nodded.

When we finally reached his apartment, I took Becky’s hand and led her up the stairs. She was trembling slightly and definitely not sober. Harry wrapped a hand around her waist and helped balance her.

“I’m fine” she grumbled and took a hesitant step that made her trip and nearly fall on her face.

Harry grabbed her before she fell and lifted her back up.

“Let go” she mumbled.

Harry ignored her and carried her over his shoulders.

She stared to shift under his grip and I was afraid she might make him lose his balance and then they’d both fall.

“Becky, we’re trying to help you” I reminded her. She was so willing to let that scum bag Tomlinson sr. touch her, but she wouldn’t let me and Harry help her?

“I don’t need your help” she hissed and glared at me especially, but she was exhausted and didn’t protest as Harry carried her up.

I took a deep breath and decided not to let her drugged stupor get me caught up in an argument.

Harry unlocked his door and carefully lowered Becky onto the couch.

She lay on the couch with her arms and legs spread out. She could care less that her red thong and bra peaked from under her transparent clothes.

Harry and I stood in front of her and watched her with worry. I knew Harry was exhausted and wanted to pass out, but he stood his ground for my sake and Becky’s sake.

“What is this? Some kind of rehab center?” she grumbled in annoyance as she stared at me and Harry.

I leaned close and pulled off her boots. Harry gave her a blanket.

“I was doing fine until you showed up” she hissed as she glared at me.

“Becky, what the hell where you doing on the street?” I demanded.

 “What do yah think?” she winked and she tugged at one of her bra straps until it slapped down on her skin.

Harry cleared his throat and walked awkwardly to his room, letting us talk privately.

“Becky, I don’t understand-” I admitted quietly.

I leaned closer and knelt down on my knees, eager to hear what could have possible been going through that thick skull of hers.

Becky laughed.

I reached for her hand, but she pulled back.

“You don’t understand?!” she raised her voice and sat up quickly.

“Well I’m sorry my pointless life doesn’t live up to your perfect one!” she spoke through gritted teeth.

I stared at her with wide eyes.

“Perfect?” I asked, completely dumbfound. “You think my life is perfect!?” I shouted in anger and annoyance. She knows very well I almost lost Harry last year. I lost my baby and almost my own life just a few weeks ago.