ch.61 Harry's Style

I shifted slightly under the covers when I realized Harry wasn’t there.

I looked up and saw that he was brushing his teeth with one hand and pulling his pants on with the other. When he finished, he came over to me and knelt down by the bed.

“How are feeling, Angie?” he asked me as he touched my cheek. The tears were long dry and I felt better.

“Much better” I told him honestly.

Harry kissed my cheek.

“I hope so, baby” he smiled and took my left hand in his.

Then he looked down at his ring.

“You promise you won’t leave me randomly today?” he asked with a slight grin.

I laughed lightly.

“I promise” I nodded and traced an “X” over my heart as proof.

Harry laughed and kissed me again. Then he left for the day.

I got up shortly after and got a call from Danny telling me that he was giving me the day off.

"Angie" Gemma called randomly.

I glanced over at her. 

“I’ve got some thing that might cheer you up” she winked.

My heart sunk even lower in my chest. Gemma may have only been here for a few days and I didn’t remember that much of her when I was little, but I knew enough that her version of cheering me up was very different from what I would enjoy.

She tugged at my wrist and led me to the guest room.

My cheeks reddened; what if she had brought me a tape of her on the runway, wearing fabrics from designers whose names I would never be able to pronounce, and she was gonna make me practice walking and posing? Or even worse; make me wear some of those runway clothes and give Harry a mini show?

But something told me this was different. That I didn’t have to worry so much.

Gemma pulled out a thick book …or a picture album of sorts.

“The things I’m about to show you may very well make you change your mind about the man you will be marrying” she declared. Then she grinned and I played with Harry’s ring for a moment. What was she talking about?

I was about to ask when she answered for me.

“I’m his sister, it’s my job to save every embarrassing moment of his life” Gemma laughed.

Then she blew the dust off the album and started going through it. Her round, blue-green eyes widened and she laughed at a few pictures.

“Oh, God, look at this” she laughed as she leaned closer to me and propped the album between us.

Low and behold, my gaze fell upon twin light forest-green eyes, soft and laughing like the sun. Lips: pink and upturned as if he had just put frosting on his mom’s nose and she still hadn’t noticed. Hair: wisps of light curls cropped short in a way that would have made any other kid angry, but he wasn’t. He was too busy being a kid.

I looked down at his tiny frame, his ivory, virgin skin that had no trace of tattoos.  His tiny, soft hands were tugging at the Mickey Mouse hat on his head as he proudly sported a small black Speedo.

I couldn’t hold it back anymore. I laughed and Gemma laughed even louder.

“He still has it” she winked.