~Epilogue~

Epilogue: Two Years Later

“You can do it baby!” I heard that distinct Irish accent shout through the silent crowed. I laughed but quickly focused myself. I was the last competitor at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio. Everyone was silent, anticipating the outcome of our run.

Gathering my reins, I calmly walked Talia into the chute. But she had other ideas. I felt her tense underneath me but I pulled back on the reins. Turning her into a tight, small circle, we shot through the chute. I could faintly hear the crowed roar through Talia’s pounding hooves against the ground and the blood pulsing in my ears.

I kicked harder than I ever have before. Sitting up as we neared the barrels, I pulled the right rein towards my hip, squeezing my legs into her sides. (Yes, right. We had to switch up the pattern because she wasn’t performing as well on her right side. This way, she would have tow cleaner turns on her left, than two on her right.)

Pushing her out of the barrel, I continued to kick until we reached the second. I sat back and squeezed again as we made our clean turn around the barrel. We shot to third and slid around that one too. I leaned down and kicked her while slapping her neck, urging her to go on.

I slowed her to a stop as we crossed the electric timers.

“Ashley Carter has a time of 16.458.” rang throughout the arena. Tears formed in my eyes as the crowd erupted into cheers. I hopped off Talia, getting ready for my interview.

“How do you feel about that run?” she asked me, while shoving a microphone in my face. I smiled and walked with her towards the barns.

“Very good. Talia performed so much better than I could have ever imagined.” I told her truthfully while giving Talia a hug.

“Congratulations miss Carter.” She finished while walking away. I smiled again and began to un tack Talia.

“Yeah Ashley!” I heard Ella call. I whipped around just as the 18 year old jumped in my arms.

“Thanks Ella.” I giggled, shoving her off me.

“I’ll finish with Talia, you go and get ready for your gold medal.” Kathleen pushed me towards my bag that held my favourite cowboy hat and jeans. I laughed again and stalked to the bathrooms to get changed.

As I pulled the hat over my head, I heard a voice ring through the intercoms in the barns, “Would all participating Barrel Racer’s please report to the arena at this time.”

I smiled and strutted out the door, following the other competitors towards the doors. Everyone but Ethan, Nathan, and I sat down on the designated benches. Instead, we were whisked away to the podium.

“In third place, representing Canada is Nathan Johnson riding Our Little Secret.”

Nathan waved his arms before standing up to his spot. They gave him his flowers and bronze medal.

“Coming in Second representing England is Ethan Spar riding Sure Fire.”  Ethan followed what Nathan did, smiling for the camera.

“Finally, coming in first place, representing Canada is Ashley Carter, riding Too Close For Comfort.”

I stepped onto the platform as the arena erupted I cheers. I shook the lady’s hand as she handed me my flowers. Then, the man came over and I took of my hat so he could put the medal on.

Suddenly, our national anthem blared through the speakers, causing everyone to go silent in respect.

I am now the world’s top barrel racer.

Damn; that feels good to say.

I’m sure all of you are wondering about Niall. Yes, we’re still together. So is the band. It gets difficult when he is on tour, but we manage. Oh, and he flies me out to where ever he is sometimes, just because he is such a sweet heart like that. The fans went crazy when they found out Nashley was back together, and so did they boys. All good crazy though. Harry apologized and we’re now good friends again. Niall also decided to try horseback riding to see why I liked it so much…

He fell off. Twice. In one hour. Needless to say, he didn’t try again.

I love my life. And I am so happy that Kathleen voulentold me to hang out the window on the highway that fateful day.

~~

Its all over!

So here is the summary to the book:

Behind Those Violet Eyes:

The "symptoms" of those who have Alexandria's genesis are shimmering, white skin that resists tanning or burning, no body hair other than that which they are born with, purple-colored eyes, a slowing down or even stopping of the aging process, and a life span of up to 170 years. Their bodies produce little or no waste, are well-developed, and their immune systems are incredibly strong and resist every disease known to man. They have perfect vision, they never gain weight, and they are incredibly smart. In other words, they're really "super-human".

Alexandria’s genesis is extremely rare. Nobody knows how Violet Myers ended up with this freak gene. But she did. When she was born, she had grey eyes. Her single mother, who was in love with the name, named her Violet. Little did she know how ironic that name would end up being, when six months later, she would go to Violet’s crib, only to see that her little baby had purple eyes.

Violet Myers then became a world-known celebrity. She couldn’t go anywhere with people taking pictures of her.

When she was 13, she graduated from high school at the top of her class. At 17, she graduated from Harvard at the top of her class, again. She knows everything and anything, which ends up threatening her life.

Now that she is twenty, her life couldn’t be more difficult. Her family receives a letter saying that if Violet doesn’t do what they ask of her, she and her family will die. This has happened often, but along with the letter was a signature from someone who her mother never wanted to hear from again; her father.

Justin Kennedy used to be a good guy. He fell in love with Alyssa Myers, Violets mom. They were high school sweet- hearts, and Alyssa gave birth to Violet a year out of high school. She couldn’t go to college because she had to take care of Violet. But that didn’t stop Justin.

Justin came back from college during a break (while Alyssa was pregnant with Violet) a changed man. He made many mistakes while he was at college, and long story short, he is on America’s Most Wanted list.

He is dangerous. Deathly dangerous. Taking the letter to the police, they do the only thing that they could do to protect the Myers’ lives. They put Violet into the Persons’ Protection Program.

Yes, no? Let me know!

I will be also working on some other books that are NOT related to One Direction.

Shout out to everyone who has sent supporting messages, votes, and to the ones who have read this. You guys are amazing, love you all<3

Thanks for everything, rock on<3

~reachingforthestarsx