~Chapter 8~

Chapter 8

I woke when I felt slobber on my face. I repeatedly blinked my eyes to look at my surroundings. Why was in in a forest? Then it all came flooding back to me. The race. The fall. I heard crunching footsteps coming closer to me. I leaned back on my hands as Trey dove to the ground to help me up.

“Are you alright?! Does anything hurt?! I’m so sorry I didn’t realize that log was there!” he rambled on.

“Trey calm down, I’m fine, it was just a small fall. Don’t worry about it.” I grasped Talia’s reins that stood next to me. She nuzzled her head in my arms affectionately. Then I noticed Trey’s go-pro attached to his chest.

“Did you catch that all on tape..?” I questioned to him, pointing to his chest. He looked down and up back again to my face grinning before turning off the camera.

“Yep, got it all. And for the record, that wasn’t a ‘small fall’, you went freaking flying over the log!” he said pointing to where the skid marks were from when Talia stopped.

“Let’s go back now, its 3.” I said checking my phone that surprisingly hadn’t broken.

“Wait! One more picture, as a before and after picture!” he said. I placed the phone on a tree branch before opening the camera timer app and we posed for the picture.

I looked awful. I had a few leaves poking out of my hair and mud was covering the left side of my body. Trey had mud on his hands and his knees from where he sat next to me. I looked shocked at my appearance in the photo and Trey was pointing and laughing at me. Heartless bastard. Just kidding though, he’s seriously a nice guy.

We got back on and walked the rest of the way back. We dismounted at 3:45 and walked into the barn to be greeted by an open mouthed Debby.

“What happened to you?! Are you alright?” she questioned while grasping my free hand and looking into my eyes.

“Yeah I’m fine, just a little accident.” I replied while hooking Talia up to the cross ties.

Christina walked in the barn, looked at me and burst into laughter. “Someone’s not as good as she thinks she is.” She threw at me.

“What do you mean by that?” I question.

“I mean that you walk around here like you own the place. Like you’re better than everyone else just because you’re from Canada.” She sneered.

I gasped at her. “I do not! Clearly you’ve mistaken me for yourself, miss, ‘I’ve got the best clothing in the world’.” I shot back at her. Trey interrupted us.

“Girls, girls, no fighting, please.” He said, stepping in between us.  Christina stalked out of the barn and I hastily un-tacked Talia, who was completely oblivious to the situation.

Debby looked at me in questioning.

“I have no idea, but she hasn’t liked me since I got here. Don’t ask me.” I shrug while taking Talia’s stuff to the tack room and putting it in my designated area. I sighed and looked at all my stuff. I had a total of 4 saddles, my trail, my English, and my two barrel saddles. I had 4 bridles, 2 for barrels, and 2 for English and trail riding. And I had 5 sets of boots and bell boots for Talia. What? A girl gotta have her boots! Then I had my show cowboy boots and I had Talia’s winter blanket. I also had multiple saddle pads.

I walked back to the cross ties and groomed Talia so she was clear of sweat and grime. Once that was finished, took her back out to the field and let her lose.

Trey walked over and leant against the fence with me.

“You sure you’re okay?” he asked. I nodded my head. We sat in silence for a while before he stood up and offered a hand to me. I took it and he pulled me to a standing position.

“Do you have a twitter?” I ask him. He nods his head “It’s Trey_Mallark33” he says.

“Awesome, I’ll follow you. Thanks for today, see you!” I say, jogging back to campus.

When I return, I’m met with a teary eyed Kristen.

“Kristen! What’s wrong?” I ask, rushing over to her bed. She has her head in her hands and she’s rocking back and forth.

“Christina is a bully Ash. She doesn’t want me talking to you. She wants to exclude you so that you’ll go back to Canada. If I don’t do what she says, she’ll make my life a living hell like what she’s doing to you. And I don’t want that! What do I do?” she sobs into my shirt.

My heart sunk. Christina really wanted me to leave that badly?

“We can work through this together; we can stand up to her! If we have each other, nothing can beat us.” I say to her with a smile.

She looks up and me and throws her arms around my neck. “Ok, we can do this.” She says into my shoulder.

We both went to the bathrooms to get cleaned up and we threw on our yoga pants, oversized sweaters, and uggs, before making our way down to the caff. We pushed open the doors to be greeted by the setting sun and cool autumn air. We shuffled our way into another building and followed the scent to food. Once we reached the caff, we swiped our cards and made our way to the various bars that they had. I went to the pasta bar and got some spaghetti while Kristen got a salad.

We met up with Amanda and we all sat together at a small table. I pulled out my phone and followed Trey. Then I tweeted the 2 pictures of Trey and I.

@ashley_carter:

@Trey_Mallark33

Awh first picture is all coote, and the 2nd is terrible!

#trailrides #shithappens

I locked my phone and let it rest on the table. We all shoveled down our food and quickly threw our stuff away. For it being only 5pm, I was exhausted! We all made our way back to the dorms. Turns out Amanda and Christina were two doors down from us. Amanda smiled at us both before going into her own room.

Kristen and I immediately grabbed our stuff and made our way to the bathrooms to brush our teeth and for her to take off her makeup.

Once we got back to the dorms, I found out that I had about 1000 notifications on twitter. What the hell? Most of them were retweets of the picture, but two comments struck out to me; one from Niall and one from Trey

@NiallOfficial:

@ashley_carter

Are you alright?! What happened?!

Was from Niall, the one from Trey was:

@Trey_Mallark33:

@ashley_carter

That was so scary to watch, but at the same time kinda hilarious! See you tomorrow cowgirl!

I grinned at them both before replying

@ashley_carter:

@NiallOfficial

Ya im fine, just fell that’s all. And @Trey_Mallark screw you ;) See you tomorrow loser, oh and I wanna see the video! #yourekillingme #suspence #bigfail

Then I received a DM from Niall

Meet up same place and time tomorrow?

~

Hello everyone! Yes im quite sorry i havent been able to update more than i usually do. I havent had any time to write due to my course load this semester. And all of my classes are hard, especially math, which i have to review every night since i suck at it and i want to do super good, so that i can take University level class math next year. Ugh, highschool probs.

Anyways im sure you dont care about that. 

But picture on the side is of Christna ---->

Idk why but i just pictured Christina as Taylor Swift, but whateves

Thanks all! 

~reachingforthestarsx