~Chapter 28~

Chapter 28

The rest of the day wasn’t very eventful. I ended up having a nice sit down talk with Denise and Maura. They are honestly two of the nicest women that I have ever met. They are both, sweet, kind and caring. Maura laughs so much; I can see where Niall gets it from.

Around 5:30 people started arriving. They brought so much food, my stomach rumbled at the sight of it. They had tables set up outside, and some of Niall’s little cousins were running around, crashing into peoples legs. It was honestly the cutest thing ever.

I was approached multiple times, mostly by relatives. But then Niall’s close friends came up. Luckily he was with me, because otherwise, I would have been a little intimidated.

“So you’re the famous Ashley then?” one of them asked. I grin, nodding my head, not uttering a word.

“Yeah, this is my Ash.” Niall says, kissing my temple. The way that he says ‘my Ash’ makes me feel so warm inside. It’s like he’s letting people know that he’s mine and I’m his.

“That’s awesome. This lad never shut’s up about you.” Another guy states, making me laugh. “Awe, Nialler, that’s cute.” I said, pinching his cheeks. He goes extremely red at that as his friends holler with laughter, making everyone turn and look at us for a bit. Niall and his friends continue to talk for a bit, and I zone out, leaning into his side. I wonder what it would be like for Ni to meet my friends and family. Would be as nervous as I was? Would they like him? Well, I know Ella would, but I’m slightly nervous to what kind of tricks Nathan would pull… knowing him, he would actually pull a mean prank on him.

“Ash? Hello? Earth to Ashleey…” I hear someone say as they wave a hand in front of my face. I quickly snap out of my wondering, shaking my head. Niall laughed and kisses the top of my head again. “Time to eat.” He said. I can practically see his mouth water with anticipation. I swear, he is going to kill himself from the amount of food he eats.

~~

Boom! Bang! Crash! BOOM! Pow! Bang!

The multi-coloured fireworks lit up the ski. The fireworks here were phenomenal compared to the ones from where I’m from. There’s a whole group of us sitting on the ground; from left to right it goes: Zayn, Louis, Harry, Liam, myself, Niall, and then his friends. We’re all decided that we were going to bundle ourselves in 1D merch. So basically, we’re all huddled up in our own snuggies, and have safety-pinned a bunch of blankets together, wrapping them around ourselves. Maura had taken a picture with Niall’s phone and tweeted it for us.

A couple minutes later, the countdown for the New Year began. They literally had fireworks go up into the sky, counting it down.

“8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!” Everyone screamed. I turned to Niall and leap into his arms, making our lips connect. He didn’t respond at first from shock, but then his lips began to move with mine. I felt the spark again as his hands latched onto my hip bones. I felt my hands go up to his head, getting tangled into his soft hair. Grinning, I pulled away and looking into his eyes.

“Well that was unexpected…” he whispered out of breath, smiling down at me. I grinned, placing my lips onto his for a few seconds again, and then I curled up in a ball in his lap to finish watching the fireworks. Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see Niall’s friends nudging each other, flicking their heads towards us. I grasped Niall’s hand under our multiple blankets and squeezed it, looking into his crystal blue eyes, grinning.

“You’re beautiful.” He murmured before pressing his lips against mine once more.  

~~

“It was really nice meeting you!” Exclaimed Maura, who was currently hugging me tightly. I had grown to really like everyone over the next few days. I had also gone out to town with Denise for some shopping time. The other boys left two days ago to go and re-visit their families once again before they had to go and record new songs for their third album. And yeah, One Direction was just announced to go on tour once again next summer, another world tour. It’s now January 4th and I am missing everyone at the barn more than ever. It has been wonderful to spend some time with Niall’s family, but this has been the longest that I have been separated from Talia.